Friday, December 25, 2009

December 25, 2009

Noon
I hope that you've all started your holiday with a bang & got everything you wanted.
We're having a pretty much normal day for us, but have the lights turned on all day on the tree. We already had enough 'presents' with getting a home & fish & doves ...
I already did a thorough cleaning of the doves cage & vaccuumed the room they are in.
I also tried out a Pumie heavy-duty scouring stick on my toilet bowl & love it! Got all the hard water mineral & lime build-up that made the bowl look yellowed & encrusted. It's nice & white like it's supposed to be, now. I really didn't want to replace the darn thing. I'm going to get one of those for my mom's, too. And, keep a couple handy for up-keep.
Had a grilled cheese sandwich & chips for lunch. We're going to have rotisseried duck legs, cranberry dressing, baked sweet potatoes & rolls for dinner. And some kind of pie.
I'm going to ride the exercycle for a bit and read at least one chapter of Torchwood Another Life now. Already did my low-impact chair exercises earlier. Really need to start doing more with the Ab-doer, the resistance bands & the floor exercises.
~~~~~~~~~~
1pm
Wow! My best session yet! I travelled on the exercycle at 17.6 mph for 5.8 miles & 18.41 minutes & burned a whopping 280 calories! And, I read TWO chapters. I actually started sweating a bit!
Now to start working on my Etsy shop. Need to take pics of the decanters & list them. Listened to 2 old Christmas cassettes: Bing Crosby's White Christmas & Glenn Miller Orchestra's In The Christmas Mood.
~~~~~~~~~~
3pm
Can't believe it's already that time! I got the 2 Avon decanters listed & also an old gold charm that was my aunt Juanita's. Looking for something else to list now. Maybe another book ...
~~~~~~~~~~
6pm
Listed another old book, a 1932 business encyclopedia.
Dinner was very good. I'm stuffed!
~~~~~~~~~~~
7pm
I'm getting a bit mixed up in my research ... according to USPS, you can't ship aftershave ... yet there are MANY listings on ebay of old Avon decanters being sold WITH the aftershave in them. I have several I want to list on Etsy that still have aftershave (never opened.) Must research more ... tomorrow ...
~~~~~~~~~~
A quote:
Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. - Calvin Coolidge

No comments: