Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 26, 2009

noon
I've been busy this morning. I got a pick-up load of stuff from the paid storage. We've got the pick-up about half emptied now. My fingers were starting to hurt too much from the cold, though, so we came in to warm up a bit. I got the rest of the boxes. They are mostly car parts, old car radios & such. All that's left in the storage is the heavy furniture, fridge, set of mattresses. Stuff I can't move by myself. I reserved the moving truck for next Tuesday. Hopefully, we can get a hold of Curtis today to let him know.
Going to eat some lunch & finish emptying the pick-up & cover up the parts under the carport since it is supposed to rain tonight. Got all the radios locked in the shed already.
~~~~~~~~~~
2:30pm
Yay! Finally got a hold of my cousin Curtis & he will help with emptying the storage out on Tuesday! No late fees!
My mom & I finished unloading the pick-up & I tarped all the car parts under the carport.
Now to work on seeing if my cross-stitch software will still work & if it will work on Vista.
~~~~~~~~~~
4pm
Well, I got my old PC Stitch 4 loaded to all three computers & I can't upgrade as it is too old!  Arrrgh! So, now I have to wait a few months to try to buy the newest version that I really want. It is PC Stitch Pro 9. It's about $80.  Bummer. But, I can still make some basic pattern images. Will play around with it some tomorrow.
Too tired to do much else today, other than play online. I don't even have the energy to list anything on Etsy ... :(
~~~~~~~~~~
8pm
I'm really dragging this evening. I'm probably going to miss Doctor Who tonight ...
A poem for the night:

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.

No comments: