Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3, 2009 - post 1

I bought a wooden ladder toy for the doves today. I also bought 2 Shubunkin goldfish (1 is solid white, the other a big calico), 2 ghost shrimp and an aquatic frog.
The shrimp & frog went in with the 3 angelfish in the hex tank. Bought some live plants for both tanks, too. Oh, & 1 plecostamus for each tank.
We got all the holiday decorations up finally. Had to exchange the bad light cord. Made sure to have the customer service gal check it before I left. Didn't want to have to come back again!

Still have to get a tree topper I like. No angels & no stars, please! WalMart had 3 that I really like, but my mom wants one that lights up! I told her I can just string the light cord through it!
My mom is making a black bean soup mix that was supposed to be dinner tonight. She keeps forgetting that it takes longer in the crock pot! So, it will be tomorrow's dinner. We're having lentil bolani instead. Jorgy is getting a leftover duck wing meat for her dinner.
I didn't get any exercise bike in the past 2 days! I really must remember tonight! I am trying to get serious about it! But, I am happy that I have lost 8 lbs. since we moved in here in mid-August without doing any actual planned exercise.  Just eating better & going up & down the steps is helping! Want to be back down to my normal 119 by summer. I have about 33 lbs. to go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those of you who are fans of reading Stargate slash fanfiction, Rauhnee of Area 52 needs some help. (this is a legitimate plea.) Here's her note:
-----Original Message-----
From: Area52@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Area52@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
patrimas
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 3:22 PM
To: Area52@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Area52] Support for Area 52

Hello,

Rauhnee here. I'm the one who pays for the server that hosts Area 52. I've
asked Patrimas to spread the word as the site archivist.

I've been unemployed for over a year and a half now, and I could really use
some help covering the server costs until I get a job. It's not that
expensive, $40/month, so a few dollars a month would go a long way to
offsetting the cost.

The paypal for server support is mckensey@mckensey.com

It has been a truly amazing 11 years so far, and heartening to see the baby
I started in 1998 for a handful of stories grow into what it is today, and
the thriving fandom it serves so well.
--
Rauhnee Ranshanka

Permission to forward to any Stargate slash list.

No comments: