Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31, 2009

Happy New Year to everyone. Let's hope it's a good one!

11am
It's been a slow day so far. Woke up at 5am & saw the fireworks in Sydney, shown on our local news. Quite a spectacle. They always put on a grand show there.
Talked my mom into visiting her friend Gerda in the hospital. We'll go after lunch, & also make a quick stop at Betty's.
I just paid all the bills online for the next month, as my mom's deposit was a couple days early for the holiday. Glad that is out of the way!
Going to do my exercises before lunch. I read quite a few chapters in Torchwood Border Princes before bed last night. I didn't want to stop! Will read 1 on the exercycle.

Adorable kitten vid, shared by a friend on Twitter:


John Barrowman took time out of his busy day to share these vids with fans:





~~~~~~~~~~
4pm
Finally home from our visits. Gerda hasn't changed! Still loud & bossy, but a great person. Hope she heals up soon & goes home. And, the visit with Betty is always nice. We are starting to make plans for our big yard sale & will be going out to eat with her next month some time.
Jorgy is happy to have her space heater back on. She was not happy we were gone so long!
Got some free samples in the mail that I sent for. Green tea, Kashi granola bar & some calendula seeds for the garden.
I did work on my exercycle before we left earlier, but didn't get a chance to put down the numbers here: 16.7 mph for 2.7 miles & 9.14 minutes, burning 133 calories.
~~~~~~~~~~
6pm
I came to an annoying realization while I was eating dinner ... Monday is the 4th ... I have to go back to work. Waaaah.
I'm really getting beyond annoyed with the wireless connection on my laptop. Too damn slow the past few days.
Found a couple of local hauling businesses that will take the mattress set & fridge away. So, if I can't get rid of them by the end of next week through Freecycle, I will call these places & get an estimate.
~~~~~~~~~~
7pm
Oh, a Thin Man movie is on! Love those movies!
Tonight's quote is from After The Thin Man:

Nick Charles: Have you made any New Year's resolutions?
Nora Charles: Not yet. Any complaints or suggestions?
Nick Charles: A few.
Nora Charles: Which?
Nick Charles: Complaints.
Nora Charles: All right shoot.
Nick Charles: Well, you don't scold, you don't nag, and you look far too pretty in the mornings.
Nora Charles: All right, I'll remember: must scold, must nag, musn't be too pretty in the mornings.

No comments: