Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

10:30am
Hope everyone survived the festivities last night. I fell asleep about 11, I think.
Just finished riding my exercycle for 3.7 miles & 13.09 minutes at 16.3 mph & burned 178 calories. Also did my chair exercises. Off to scrub the shower.
~~~~~~~~~~
1:30pm
Got most of the shower scrubbed. Still need to do the glass door. Will have to be another day. I really need to get my 2010 work schedule onto the calendar & hope that it doesn't get totally screwed up in the first month.
~~~~~~~~~~
5pm
Just finished getting my schedule & paperwork set up for the year. Took over 3 hours ... but it is done & organized.
Time for dinner!
~~~~~~~~~~
8pm
Very short blog post tonight, it seems.
So, here's a nice poem:

I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
The stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Outdid the sparkling waves in glee;
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company;
I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought
What wealth to me the show had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

William Wordsworth

No comments: