Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18, 2010

9am
Today is going to be a totally lazy day. I'm still in my pjs! That never happens! haha!
Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so I thought I'd put up a couple of great vids I found at Towleroad:





Many people don't like the comparison between "gay rights" & the rights of "people of color", but it all breaks down to the phrase in our Declaration of Independence that proclaims "equality for all". Do we believe in that, or do we let our prejudices, fears, so-called morals, or religious traditions mold our image of what true equality is? I think it is a no-brainer.
Random House dictionary states that equality means "the state or quality of being equal; correspondence in quantity, degree, value, rank, or ability" and is synonymous of "equivalency, parity, correspondence, sameness; justice, fairness, impartiality."
And, Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law states "the quality or state of being equal: as a : sameness or equivalence in number, quantity, or measure b : likeness or sameness in quality, power, status, or degree".
So, yeah ... no-brainer!
~~~~~~~~~~
10:30am
Last night I moved Papa's desk into my bedroom. Have been planning to do that since I think it matches the bedroom set & I needed someplace to use my laptop to read fanfic at night before bed when I really don't want to stay up out here in my office/living room.
It made a bit more room in here next to the recliner, too.
I'm loving this pouring rain today, but I am disappointed in that we never seem to get outright thunderstorms like we did when I was little. It's extremely rare in this area compared to what it was then. I can remember sitting in the living room, in the dark, with the curtains open & watching all the flashes of lightning & hearing the roar of thunder booming. Miss doing that.
~~~~~~~~~~
noon
All regular exercises done--exercycle, resistance rings, counter push-ups & chair exercises. Still need to get back into the ab-doer & learn what to do with the exercise ball I bought yesterday. I read a chapter in Torchwood Slow Decay while riding 4.7 miles at 15.6 mph for 17.53 minutes & burned 227 calories.
Need to eat!
Mmm. Made a couple of quesadillas for lunch.
~~~~~~~~~~
1pm
Hmmmm. Should I or shouldn't I? I recently accepted my mod job back on one of the Yahoogroups where I used to be mod for over 4 years. I've been asked by one of the other groups to come back, too. This one I had modded for nearly as long. I stepped down last year from both (& actually left one completely) when things got really hectic with house-hunting & such ... my problem with this one is that I felt like I was doing EVERYTHING for the group without actually being an owner! I can't let that happen again, or let others push me into that. And, I have issues with several of the members--they annoy the hell out of me ... many times I was a breath away from dumping them from the group! Have to think on it some more.
~~~~~~~~~~
2pm
A new episode of Make It Or Break It is on tonight. And, according to Starkeness website, Anthony Starke may be in this one!!! Yay! Finally! (Although imdb doesn't list him for the ep ... worrisome.)
~~~~~~~~~~
4:30pm
I've spent several hours whittling down the number of emails I've been saving in my Incredimail program. I've eliminated more than 60 from my main folder!!! Most were fic alerts from LJ that I copied the link into a text file for future reading. I now only have 40 posts in that folder & none are fic links!!
Looks like we won't be having soup for dinner. My mom just can't get it in her head to start the crock pot in the morning if she wants something done for dinner!
~~~~~~~~~~
6pm
Well, the soup did get finished for dinner & it was yummy!
I finally got my shipment from FlyLady! I now have a stainless steel bottle, a timer that vibrates & a dryer vent cleaning kit. Been wanting those for a while!
Most of the rain from earlier is gone now, but we're supposed to have more throughout the week.
I'm still so overwhelmed when I watch news about Haiti. There was an amazing rescue of a woman in a crumbled bank today. Alive & walked to the car. Her husband never gave up on her. But, the children. So many new orphans. Already before the earthquake, HALF of the Haitian population was under 18 ...
~~~~~~~~~~
8pm
Guess I will close up now & go in my room to read for an hour before Make It Or Break It starts & watch tv in there.
A quote:
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

No comments: