Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27, 2010

noon
Took my mom to her heart dr. appt. this morning--had to be there at 9. The traffic was awful that early in the morning. I usually don't leave home until 9 & miss all that craziness!
At least she found out she is down to 195 lbs. She has 2 more appt. in the next 2 mos. there.
Didn't have time to eat breakfast this morning. I'm making Pithivier Puff Pastry with Almond Cream Filling. Got it at Trader Joe's the other day. I don't have any powdered sugar to sprinkle on it, though!
Damn, we ate the whole thing! It was delicious!
~~~~~~~~~~
3pm
Just closed my Fic Rec tweet page. I don't like being the only one reccing fic, so why bother. I'll keep all the good fics to myself! haha! Nah, I'll post the links here. Read this short one earlier:
Stupid Cool Earpieces by dawniekins18 TW/DW J/I slash 1/1
Haven't been doing any of my exercises the past couple of days. My damn hip has been bothering me too much. Might try some chair exercises later, though.
No matter how I look at it, I'm going to have to work this weekend. Not a happy camper ...
~~~~~~~~~~
8pm
I'm going to bed very early. It's been a long, boring day. Hope to get 3 stores serviced tomorrow since my mom has another dr. appt. Fri. at her regular dr.
~~~~~~~~~~
A poem:
Winter Trees by William Carlos Williams

All the complicated details
of the attiring and
the disattiring are completed!
A liquid moon
moves gently among
the long branches.
Thus having prepared their buds
against a sure winter
the wise trees
stand sleeping in the cold.

No comments: