Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30, 2010

10:30am
Today I feel so blah.
Felt the same yesterday, so sorry there was no blog. It was a long day. My mom had another dr. appt. that took too long & then she wanted to go grocery shopping. Didn't get home until after 1pm. No work yesterday, so I was going to try to work today & just couldn't. So, that put me a bit behind in my projects. So, will have to make up for it next week.
Been trying to call around to haulers today to see when I can get someone to haul the extra fridge & bed away. No one is answering, of course! I was hoping to have them gone this weekend, but looks like I'll have to try next week.
I got all my chair exercises done & trying to get the energy to ride the exercycle ...
I've been in pain a lot this week, so I think that is what is dragging me down. I've been trying not to take too many tylenols or aspirin, but sometimes, there is no choice.
~~~~~~~~~~
11am
Called around to the local auto parts stores for prices on brake pads for the Toyota. Curtis is supposed to come over & change them tomorrow for me.
Talk about having no energy ... just rode the exercycle for only 2.45 minutes, going .8 miles at 19.5mph & only burned 42 calories. I read a very short chapter in Torchwood Something In the Water. Need to take a tylenol ... back/hip is killing me.
My internet connection has been so sluggish this month. I hope when they finish upgrading things it gets better. Supposed to upgrade everyone that isn't already at their Internet 3 level for free this month. But, of course the cable TV went up about $4.
~~~~~~~~~~
noon
I really need to eat something, but feeling too sick. But, I have to find something ... nothing sounds good, nothing looks good ...
I want to light a candle, but not in the mood for my mom complaining about 'what's that smell?'
I ended up having the old standby of quesadillas. Not what I wanted, but had to eat something.
~~~~~~~~~~
1pm
I wish I knew why the damn TV was even on. Every time a loud commercial comes on, she turns the sound off and then leaves it off! Guess I'll listen to John Barrowman on the headphones for a while since I can't watch TV without sound on ...
And, now I'm getting a headache ... and, Jorgy has decided to hide between the back of the couch & my desk on all the computer cables!
This is so not my day ...
~~~~~~~~~~
2:30pm
Straightened up the shelf in my bedroom closet & got the rest of the jewelry boxes & suitcases up off the floor. I have more room to use my exercise ball in my bedroom now.
I think I'll go out on the porch & scrub the outside of Papa's ice box & sweep the birdseed off the top. Our wild birds are so messy! It's a nice day out & I shouldn't totally waste it.
~~~~~~~~~~
3pm
Did as much as I could on the ice box today. It'll take a lot more cleaning to get 40+ years of grease & dirt off of it, then sand & paint it.
~~~~~~~~~~
4pm
I'm trying really hard not to blow up today. I'm hurting so much, it's putting me in a very bad mood & Jorgy is not helping!
I've gotta take another tylenol. Second today. I just don't want to get back into taking them nearly every hour of the day like I used to ... even my bad shoulder is hurting today ...
~~~~~~~~~~
6pm
My headache is nearly gone! I'm on track to drink a full 64 oz. of fluids today. Very good. Still feel like crap because of my hip bothering me so much, but at least my head doesn't hurt!
~~~~~~~~~~
8pm
Time to go to bed. Watching an old Miss Marple movie & then Sea Hawk with Errol Flynn in a bit. Classics.

A quote:
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe: Your ship is sinking, Captain.
Captain Lopez: Then we shall drown together.
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe: Brave, but impractical. Now we English are a practical people. I've no intention of drowning with you.
The Sea Hawk, 1940

No comments: