Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27, 2010

7am
OMG! What a terrible thing to wake up to. Chile had a massive 8.8 earthquake this morning. Nearly 100 known dead already. It has generated a tsunami that has already inundated some of their outer island & is heading across the Pacific Basin towards Hawaii and other areas. Scary!
It's pouring rain here today. The sky is crying.
~~~~~~~~~~
9am
Decided to stay home this morning. It's raining too much right now to go to GoodWill. Too many crazy drivers on the road.
Still watching news about Chile ...
~~~~~~~~~~
12:30pm
Well, the rain slowed down for awhile, so we did go out to GoodWill. And, what a disappointment. I won't be donating to that particular store again. Very rude. And, they didn't have anything decent that I wanted to buy. Came home to eat lunch. Will try again next week at one of the other thrift stores, I suppose. I'll have gone through more stuff to donate by then.
Still more stuff on the news about Chile.
~~~~~~~~~~
2pm
Huh. Luckily, so far the tsunami hitting Hawaii is pretty much a wash ... surge no higher than about 3ft. in Hilo area. That's such good news.
Damn. A 6.0 earthquake just hit Argentina!! Which is just next door to Chile, so not really surprising. Might be an aftershock. 2 killed.
I think I will do some creating ... make a few Incredimail stats of food ...
~~~~~~~~~~
5pm
I'm in a creating mood. I'm working on my 3rd stat already!
Looks like the tsunami has luckily not caused any damage. Good. Sadly, 300+ dead from the earthquake, though.
Time for dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~
7pm
Wow. I got 4 new stats made today. All food-related! Not celebrities!
Going to go to bed pretty early, I think, and read fanfic on my laptop. Nothing good on TV. I'm thinking of getting rid of my digital cable & going back to just extended basic. Especially since I will be getting that PC to TV converter soon. That will save me about $15/mos. & the converter only costs $40 at Fry's. If it works out the way I hope, I may even just go back to basic cable (just to get the local channels) & watch everything else through the computer. That would save me another $17/mos. Definitely something to think about!
~~~~~~~~~~
Today's quote:
'Mother Earth is not amused.' - Cheyenne Jackson

No comments: