Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 3, 2010

Today is my grandfather's birthday. Francisco Moreno was born February 3, 1893 in Malaga, Spain. That's where Antonio Banderas & Pablo Picasso are from, too! It's beautiful country. He came to America in the early 1920s & owned his own cash & carry business. He also built his own homes & sold them. Very enterprising. All of the houses he built here in Woodland & Dixon, CA. from the 1930s-60s are still standing & still beautiful.  Papa died in 1969. He was exactly 70 years & 1 week older than me. I miss him still.
~~~~~~~~~~
noon
Nice, easy work day. Got 2 stores serviced & home by 11am. Going to get something to eat & then go work in the garden!!! It's a nice, sunny day.
~~~~~~~~~~
1:30pm
Whew! Over an hour pulling weeds in the big brick flower box. I'm wore out! It is about 24 feet wide by 4 feet & 2 feet deep. I think I will tackle the weeds growing in the cracks of the carport & driveway tomorrow if it doesn't rain. There are a LOT. But, ONLY if the store I service tomorrow doesn't take as long as expected. Supposed to take SEVEN hours! It is a huge double reset project ... I dread it.
I really need to get caught up on all my surveys from last week that I should have done on Sunday. Most are probably expired by now! But, first, I have to catch up on the mail from the groups I mod! They probably think I'm ignoring them.
~~~~~~~~~~
4pm
Well, I'm caught up with my mail! I haven't even looked at my Twitter feed ... I see the number 252 on the tab ... that will have to wait, though.
Oh, yesterday, I finished reading that crossover fic I mentioned ... sadly, I discovered it wasn't complete! Very disappointing, to say the least. The 17 chapters I read were VERY good. It is called The Morningway Agenda by strange oblivion & Everfaithful. It is a Supernatural/Dresden Files crossover. Gen. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3498494/1/
Gotta catch up on those surveys before dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~
6pm
Had lentil soup and naan bread and grapes for dinner. Simple, but good!
Got caught up with last week's surveys. But left this week's to do on Sunday. Been playing a bit with Jorgy. Her new game is playing peekaboo with one of my old baby blankets! She was acting like a puppy and growling & barking every time I covered her up! Silly old dog.
Just finished all my chair exercises, too.
~~~~~~~~~~
8pm
Snacking on Dagoba Organic Milk Chocolate bar from Whole Foods.  Very good. I'm not a regular chocolate eater due to caffeine allergy. But, once in a great while, I have some. I'll have to deal with the sores in my mouth in a couple days, though ... :(
~~~~~~~~~~
8:30pm
Going to close up now & read in bed. I have too long a day tomorrow & my joints are hurting pretty bad today. I've decided to finally start tagging my entries. Don't know if I will go back & tag previous posts, though.
~~~~~~~~~~
A poem:

Whatif by Shel Silverstein

Last night, while I lay thinking here,
some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
and pranced and partied all night long
and sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems well, and then
the nighttime Whatifs strike again!

No comments: