Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31, 2010 - home from work

Got home about 2pm. I ended up going to WalMart to drop of a couple of Rx for my mom and also went to the bank as my oil royalty check came early. That's good. I need to pay the PG&E and the cable. I'll do that in a bit so they won't be late! Bought several more swaps, so I think I am all caught up including a harvest raffle swap that I didn't think I'd be able to get until next week. Will package them all up tonight and mail in the morning.
Came home to over 200 emails and over 200 Twitter posts to go through ... folks have been busy!
I've got my work stuff entered, so now I can find something to snack on along with my tea & lemonade (I sweeten my tea with lemonade.) I think I will have some Ritz crackers with salami slices. Mmm. Good.
A friend shares something called Elder's Meditation with his group. I love some of the quotes in these. Here's one of today's:
"Our Creator makes available to us all that we need. It is an honor to go out and gather it. We must remember to say 'Thank You.' It is honorable to give away, to show our gratitude... And to let the children see this."
--Barney Bush, SHAWNEE

Next week, I'm going to donate to my favorite charity, Heifer International (heifer.org) in memory of my friend, Gloria. I think I'll do a flock of chickens, ducks and geese - "Flock of Hope". I think I will do it on her birthday, the 15th.
Well, I better get caught up on my mail and tweets before I do anything else or they will keep piling up!

No comments: