Friday, September 17, 2010

September 17, 2010

Can't believe I forgot to blog anything the last couple of days ... but, nothing really interesting happened.
Took another mouse out to the River Road this morning. Came home and cleaned the trap and hosed off the stepping stones outside. Going out to do more digging in the garden now.
I'm finally caught up with all my swaps and mailing them, so have a week or so to find more money to play in the next swaps.
Have several big projects coming up at work in the coming weeks. Not looking forward to them, but it's extra money!
~~~~~~~~~~
This is another excellent article by Dr. Mercola explaining body type nutrition. I found out about 15 years ago that I can't thrive as a vegan no matter how much I want to. I think I am of the mixed type he describes, but I could easily go without meat, I think, as long as I kept in some raw dairy and range eggs and the occasional range-raised chicken. I can't handle processed meats or factory-raised meat. The taste is awful and I can tell.
Dr. Mercola mercola
ReTweet Pls! Angelina Jolie Says Vegan Diet Nearly Killed Her http://ow.ly/2FGEt
~~~~~~~~~~
A good article on Food Co-ops:
FairFoodFight: CNN: The rise of the grocery co-op http://bit.ly/b5pgZL
~~~~~~~~~~
Great vitamin D article:
Kevin Trudeau KevinTrudeau
Vitamin D Triumphs over Vaccines In  http://bit.ly/9SEQib
~~~~~~~~~~
Don't fall for this! Corn syrup is corn syrup, no matter what you call it! Still not good for you!
Kevin Trudeau KevinTrudeau
HFCS Getting Rebranded To Trick Consumers http://bit.ly/b2LeMP
~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to have a big salad for lunch if my greens are still good. Gotta check. 
And, sounds like my 2nd load of laundry is done and have to put #3 in the dryer.
~~~~~~~~~~
There weren't enough bought greens, so I clipped some of our baby lettuce leaves to fill it up. First harvest from our own lettuces! Sooo good!
~~~~~~~~~~
Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.
–Julia A. Fletcher (1824–1908)
~~~~~~~~~~
Must. Catch. Up. On. Surveys! Again ... I don't know why I always get so behind on them. But, will have to do it later. I need to get some more things done around here.
~~~~~~~~~~
Swept and mopped my bathroom floor and the laundryroom floor. Cleaned the throw rugs. I need to find my bungee cords. I bought a couple of big laundry bags last week to hang off the carport deck for the recycling, so we would have it piling up in the laundryroom. May have to buy more if I can't find them.
~~~~~~~~~~
Just finished cross-stitching for over an hour. That was relaxing ... until I found a know where there shouldn't be one. Will fix that tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~
I had some more written here, but damn Blogger dumped me out. So pissed. Was something about the fics I've been reading ... Grrrr. Maybe I will remember tomorrow.

No comments: