Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 8, 2010 - good morning

Didn't feel that great when I got up, so didn't work today. Will have to catch up on stores tomorrow and Friday. I just got back from the grocery store. Had to mail a swap package and get some milk and bananas and my mom's Rx.
Got a fun swap in the mail, a reusable shopping bag and an apple-shaped apple corer. Both are keepers! :)
The wild birds are very active around the feeders lately and the jays and finches are very 'talkative'! Love it.
Surprisingly didn't catch any mice overnight! First time in a month, I think! So nice not to waste the gas taking them out to release!
~~~~~~~~~~

Elder's Meditation of the Day - September 8
"Keep your life simple because the more you get, the more complicated it becomes."
--Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
The old ones say, lead a simple life. The society we live in is all about getting more houses, cars, luxury and credit cards. The law of worry says, the more you have, the more you need to worry. You get a house, then you need insurance, then you need to take care of the yard and the list goes on. Next, you may want a bigger house with a bigger yard which costs more in insurance. Along with the accumulation of materialism, are other "gifts." Soon you become a slave and the materialism owns you. Lead a simple life and have peace of mind. Lead a simple life and be spiritual.
Creator, let my foundation be spiritual and simple.
~~~~~~~~~~
Going outside to read for a bit. It's a nice day. We had a lot of clouds earlier.
~~~~~~~~~~
I ended up just reading one chapter outside and then pulled weeds for about 20 minutes before my mom asked if I wanted a bean burrito. So, waiting for that now. I also did 20 jumps on the trampoline.
Still feel a bit 'off', so I think I will make some feverfew tea after lunch.
~~~~~~~~~~
Have a few surveys to catch up on and also about 100 tweets or so to read. And, my Incredimail crashed again ... grrr.
~~~~~~~~~~
The flooding in Texas is looking really bad! Dallas is a mess and the surrounding areas. The storm is heading north to Oklahoma.
~~~~~~~~~~
The Sun Butter Cups look like something I might try:

Phil Lempert PhilLempert HappyNEW productHITS& misses DAY! Ernie's SALSA, SunBUTTERcups, ORGAIN, ChipotleMAYO &Somersaults Crunchy Nuggets.. http://pub.vitrue.com/Fl
~~~~~~~~~~ 
Another excellent article by Dr. Mercola!
Dr. Mercola mercola With Recalls at an All-Time High, Meet Big Pharma's Newest Scam http://ow.ly/2B0Uz 
~~~~~~~~~~~
Very cool. It's nice to know where my food originates!
OV Consumer Rel. OVhelp http://cot.ag/9ESOdh Who's Your Farmer? Enter your zip code and find out who your Organic Valley farmer is.
~~~~~~~~~~
  

No comments: