Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 8, 2010 - this evening

I forgot to give the link for the strawberry ice cream recipe earlier:
http://www.examiner.com/food-in-fort-worth/fresh-strawberry-ice-cream-recipe-no-cooked-cream-no-eggs
~~~~~~~~~~~
I've decided to join Listia. I'm still not too sure about it. But, I'll check it out for a while before I list anything. It could get pretty expensive with shipping and I am spending enough on shipping lately with the swap groups I am (and the return is not that great ...) Although PaperBackSwap is great!
~~~~~~~~~~
Beautiful baby:
Care2Green Care2Green Gorilla Baby and Her Loving Mom (videos) http://ht.ly/2Bimc
~~~~~~~~~~
Finally saw my resident hummingbird close up this evening! It actually PERCHED at the feeder. So tiny with irridescent green feathers on its back. Need to figure out what kind it is ... I think it may be a female Black-chinned, but can't find a good picture right now. Hope to see the bird again soon. I've seen it twice this week now.
~~~~~~~~~~
We have rain!!!! I forgot what it was! Sat out on the porch for a while. It was so relaxing! It would have been perfect except for the smell of wet asphalt.
~~~~~~~~~~
Yay! We finally have some white tomatoes and lemon cucumbers growing! More fruits soon! I thought they were going to do nothing but flower until the end of the season! The bell pepper finally has another flower, too. It had 1 pepper so far ...
~~~~~~~~~~
Barometric pressure must have changed or something ... my ankle that I cracked last year is killing me. It's been raining for more than an hour. Love it!
~~~~~~~~~~
Another hour and I can put the strawberry mixture into the ice cream maker!
~~~~~~~~~~
Ice cream is made. I think it's a winner. In the freezer now. Will have some tomorrow!

No comments: