Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011

7:30am
Won this overnight:
Wow! I just won this for free, New sealed pack of 30 paper typewriter key alphabet letters.

Also found the Cheers episode Anthony Starke was in late last night and watched it. What a gorgeous bod.

There's a site called loombo.com where you can watch old shows for free! Will hunt for the Silver Spoons episode there later.

8am
Wow! I just won this for free, Hip Hip Hooray ~ Hippo Embellishment Set

Wow! I just won this for free, Hip Hip Hooray ~ Hippo Embellishment Set ~ Purple

9am
Going out to dig a hole for Candace behind the shed. I really don't want to take her to the shelter drop-off when she's gone. Hope I can dig one deep enough.

9:30am
Well, that didn't take as long as I expected. Three-foot deep hole is dug, despite Nikky's 'help.' Candace will be under where I am building the raised garden. I hope to start getting the blocks put in next week. Wish I could've put Jorgy there, too. But, the ground wasn't ready as I didn't have the stepping stones leveled around it ... I am worn out and need to relax my breathing now ...

10am
Remember, that if you do receive this blog post tonight, you weren't good enough to go to Heaven. Try harder for the next Rapture in 2012. I think that one is scheduled for December ... Hahahahahahaha!

I'm kind of glad I lost interest in Supernatural this season. I think they should have stuck with the original plan of ending it last season. Now there is news that my favorite angel will not be a regular next season. Misha Collins was the only reason I got interested in the show! Castiel was a great character ...

11am
Finally finished the lavender sachet for a swap. I sent the pic in a separate email earlier.

noon
Having leftover Subway that I forgot to eat yesterday. Not as good after it's sat in the fridge for 2 days.

1pm
Took pics of the lavender bushes. They used to take up half the yard they were so sprawled out. The birdbath and the solar light in the center were buried under it all. And it was as far as the tall black feeder/solar light and headed towards Papa's wheelbarrow.


I need to go to WalMart and get some interfacing and bias tape for my next projects! I thought I had a roll of interfacing somewhere, but can't find it. If I could, I'd just make the bias tape as I have done that before ... off I goooo.

3:30pm
Well, I went to WalMart and they did not have interfacing, so I bought heat 'n' bond, which is not the same but it will work for what I need to do. It will give a slight stiffness to the material. I did get the bias tape there and a little rounded corner paper punch and velcro. Then, I went to Michael's down the road and found a bunch of discounted animal print ribbon, clear stamps, wood stamps, ink pads, tissue paper and a couple of amulets. There were a couple of wood stamps that were only .70c. I thought they were $1. I may have to go back and get the rest of the designs in that bin!

Got a wonderful tea swap in the mail. Several hand-stamped notecards with tea images, buttons shaped like teacup and teapot, tea embellishments, tea coasters and tea! I have been trying to find more tea-related stuff. No place here has any! I have looked! Even looked again today. Nothing! I will have to send for them online, I guess.


If you aren't on Twitter, you should be. The Rapture jokes being tweeted are cracking me up today!

4:30pm
Found a couple of cute tuts for making fabric tea wallets which I am going to try to make a few tomorrow. One for a swap and a couple to sell in my shop. Quick and easy, I hope!! Also, going to make a couple of fabric coupon folders that will also hold a pen and notepad. I got one recently and really like it! And, I need to make a fabric grocery cart caddy for a swap. Lots of sewing planned ... but, can I do it?! We shall see!!

Time to take Candace ...

5:30pm

Ugh! After almost two years of hearing my mom say that Candace would be her last cat after Cougar died ... now, she is saying wait to get rid of all the cat stuff and the new jug of cat litter, etc. And, how much is it to adopt a cat at the shelter ... and, if we do, she wants a short-haired one ... can I scream now. I can't deal with a short-haired cat (I am much more allergic to short-haired cats than long-haired) and I really don't want another cat! I'd rather get a rabbit, a cavy or another dog! I'm the one who takes care of them!
I did tell her earlier today to start filling up the other 2 aquariums to start getting the water adjusted to get some more fish this coming month. I was hoping that would distract her from the loss of Candace. Guess not ...

7pm
I have the grocery cart caddy all cut out. Will sew it tomorrow.

There are so many people next door that there are cars parked on both sides of our narrow street. Kids and bikes everywhere. And, then there is the sound of metal crunching. You should have seen all the people run from Martin's backyard barbecue. Luckily, no kids hurt, but a little girl's pink bike that was apparently left in the street is history! Our corner is blind when there are so many cars in the street.

I am so freakin' sick of Walker, Texas Ranger!!! It's bad enough when she is on an NCIS kick for days on end. Now, it's Walker. ARRRRGGGH!!

7:30pm
Wow! I just won this for free, Avery 5160 Shipping Labels Qty 120

10pm
Will bury Candace in the morning. I can't believe I had her nearly 16 years. She was my last Florida baby ...

No comments: