Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28, 2011

8am
Got everything packaged up from my Listia auctions that ended the other day. Have to scrape together the change to mail them … May have to shut down most of my other auctions that haven’t ended yet (except the ones that already have bids.) Will decide on Saturday … I need to search for the closest free wifi, too. Also need to see if I can fix my internal wifi that failed a few weeks ago, or will have to use the USB thingie …

Looked up the free wifi hotspots. Woodland has only 4!! West Sac & Davis have a good selection. Sacramento does, too. Will still be tricky to find the time to go to them … Wish our library here had one. Davis library does …

9am
Off to release mouse #3 and then to the post office and work for a couple hours.

10am
Well, that was quick service. WalMart was just a one-time graphics check for one of our displays. They had already put them up, so I just had to check it was done on my paperwork! Staples is always a quick service. So, done for the day! I am going to rest a few minutes and then go out and plant bulbs and add dirt in the big brick planter.

Noon
Just came in from planting the daylilies and irises and topping off with some fresh soil to cover some of the older bulbs that have been multiplying and exposing their tops. Did a quick watering, too. I don’t normally water this late in the day, but there was still some shade over the brick box.

Put my load of laundry in the dryer. Now need to cool off and find something to eat …

2:15pm
Can’t stand this new news show my mom has started watching on FoxNews - The Five. I only watch Shepard Smith as he rarely gets politically aggressive like these other so-called reporters.
So, I am now listening to Glee - The Warblers. Love it! Need to burn this album! I’m also listing a few things on Bonanza.

Cute Kids Craft Kits - NIP (3) - QuinGem's Bonanza shop: http://t.co/irLAle7

4pm

Rare Vintage Perfroming Arts - Cats at Golden Gate 1986 - QuinGem's Bonanza shop: http://t.co/aqaZkDZ

I don’t know what I want to read next as far as actual books. I finished Dresden Files #10 last night. I don’t have 11 or 12 yet.

5pm
I swear I am going grocery shopping as soon as I know my mom’s SS deposit will happen. We are so low on food, I will have to turn off one of the fridges tomorrow and move the few things in it to the other nearly empty fridge …
7pm
Some of you may know that I have a 'thing' about animals who start with 'C' names - Cougars, Cocker Spaniels, Chihuahuas, Cavies & Chimpanzees ... but, not Cats - that's my mom's thing ... Anyway, I just came across this story about Nim. If you have ever studied chimps, you've heard of him ...
"Nim behaves in a way that is normal for a chimpanzee, but he's in a human world. ... In Nim's case, he has a chimpanzee's nature and that nature is an incredibly forceful part of his life. ... "I can't always be sure about what Nim is thinking and feeling because he's a chimpanzee, ...

Gah. It’s still 94F!

I really hate NCIS …

8pm
Just finished watching the episode of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart that had Neil Patrick Harris on it online at their website. The Smurf Movie looks cute.

My mom went to bed. I can listen to a rerun of Criminal Minds now.

My shoulder and temple are hurting where I fell on them yesterday. Been putting arnica gel on them. It helps a bit.

10pm
Wish my stomach would settle down so I can go to bed ...

No comments: