Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28, 2011

7:45am
I've been up for a couple of hours watching the storm coverage. I think they were all very lucky with this storm. It could have been so much worse. The flooding is bad, but not catastrophic. Very lucky.

My head is sooo bad today. Feel like I'm going to throw up. It's not a migraine, now. It is just a vice from temple to temple. I don't get this kind of headache often at all.

8:45am
I made a sale! Just some flea wipes, but it was still a sale!

Oh, and yesterday I had a sale at CafePress. I still make a couple sales a week over there without even doing anything. I just am not as enthused with that site as I used to be since they changed the marketplace rules so much a few years ago. I make very little there these days, which is terribly disappointing. I hope to eventually move my designs to another site that pays a better percentage. I do have some of them at another site, but have never made any sales there. I probably should advertise for that site …

I feel awful …

Got the critters fed. The shubunkin goldfish died overnight … :(

9:45am
Reading some interesting and scary stuff this morning that just confirms some things I thought of in the past. I have ALWAYS disliked peanuts/peanut butter and peas were always an issue when I was little (eat everything on your plate or you're not leaving the table …) Back then, the only food allergy I was known to have was to oranges (had a bad reaction/rash when I was a baby.) I'm finding many things that I disliked as a child I am actually allergic to. It's like somewhere in my mind my body knew I shouldn't take these invaders in! I am reading more and more about people who are allergic to peanuts are also allergic to peas! And, to many other ground nut relatives in the legume family. But, I don't have problems with beans or lentils. But, I always disliked the peanuts, peas, green beans, lima beans in that family. Even the smell of peas makes me feel sick. But, luckily, I have never had a dangerous reaction, just an avoidance reaction. But peanuts do make me feel 'odd,' so I avoid them as much as I can. I will be more vigilant about their ingredients being in things now, though. I do find it really strange how prevalent the allergy is these days and it is very worrisome. So many people, especially kids, die from this particular allergy in higher proportions than others. I just can't figure out why there is such an upsurge these days and what could be causing it.

10:45am
Going to go clean the outside of the sliding doors now. Might be all I get done today.

Got that done and made 2 jugs of sun tea and put outside to steep.

Not doing anything else physical today. Head hurts, crappy breathing … just blah.

Another bad air alert.

1:15pm
Sun tea is done. Cleaned the potties in the yard to put in the garbage tomorrow before pick up.

Head is feeling better, just still a bit fuzzy.

2pm
I didn't go to the mailbox again. Will have to in the morning, even though I am not working. So will definitely walk with Nikky.

4:15pm
Cool! I made another sale at Bonanza. A cross-stitch kit!

As usual, when I want to make something, the ingredients have disappeared without mention … now I need pecans again …

8:30pm
Just won a bottle of capsaicin nasal spray on eBay.

No comments: