Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011

10:45am
Just got back from riding my bike to the store. That was enjoyable! Then, when I got home, I ripped the canvas bag pulling it out of my basket! It got caught on the bolt that holds it on the handlebars …
Just watched this cute vid and had to share it!

It is very cloudy today. I hope it rains! I'm still going to put a jug of sun tea out to steep. Just won't get heated up by the sun.

Need to go out and take a pic of the bouganvillea and cut the spent belladonna flowers.

12:15pm
Just came in from weeding the dog yard and trimming dead stuff off vines and tomato plants, etc. It is nice out! It's only 74F right now! Love it. Going to get pictures off of the camera, find something to eat then go on the porch and read.
1pm
I'm heating up leftover squash soup for a late lunch. Just got outbid on the juicer. Found another to try that ends this evening.
Going out to read now while the soup heats in the oven.

4pm
Just gave Nikky a baby carrot treat. She didn't hesitate to dig in!

Tomorrow if I'm not too tired when I get home, I'm going to make watermelon 'gatorade' and give Nikky some rind.

I'm getting the ingredients together for dinner. We are having elk burgers and roasted fingerling potatoes. I found the recipes on these sites:

My mom said she likes when I experiment!

5:30pm
OMG! I am stuffed! That was a good dinner! My mom wanted to know if I was cooking again tomorrow night! No. Not unless I find something that really strikes me. Plus, I'll be too tired anyway when I get home. I have 4 stores I should do tomorrow, but will probably only get 2 done …

Luckily, I got my oil check. So, I can make the first payment on my home insurance tomorrow. And, fill up the gas tank since I didn't last week. I don't have enough to get to Sacramento and back, I don't think.

Didn't bid on that other juicer. I noticed an outrageous shipping price, so pass on that one. Will just keep looking for a while.

7pm
Ooh. I can go to Whole Foods tomorrow! It is down the street from one of my stores in Sacramento. I want to get an organic coconut for the 'gatorade' I am making tomorrow when I get home. Now that I know the right way to open one from watching BlytheRawLive. :)

7:30pm
Phantom of the Opera (1943) with Claude Rains just started. Not the original, but still good.

No comments: