Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6, 2011

10:30am
Decided to take another day off today. My mom is feeling better, but didn't want to go up and down the stairs to water the yard. So, I did that after Nikky & I walked to the mailbox. I got the laptop fan that I won on eBay. It is cool how little it is when it folds up! And, it works well. I'm actually using it as a regular fan with it sitting on its side right now! Another neat thing is that it uses a usb port, but it has another in it, so you don't lose the use of a port!


I've been pricing garbage disposals and traverse curtain rods at the websites for WalMart, Home Depot and OSH. Looks like Home Depot is actually cheapest for what I want. Will get them tomorrow after work.

11am
It was so peaceful in here yesterday …

noon
Bad air email alert AGAIN today.

Must find food to eat …
I am making Medjool dates with organic cream cheese and raw pecans!! I have never had this before, so hope it's good!


I am stuffed! These things are really good and filling! Of course, my mom's comment is 'they're fattening!” And, I said, 'well, you don't see a lot of fat Hindus!' It's all in how you prepare a food and how much of it you eat, just like anything. But, real food, eaten in moderation is not going to make anyone fat!

7pm
Anyone know of any good book-swapping sites, other than Paperback Swap? I've been having problems over there lately. I know of BookCrossing, but I don't like the idea of putting labels in the cover that I can't get off without damaging the book, etc.

No comments: