Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9, 2011

2pm
This day seems to be dragging by right now. And, I am HOT! The air is on and it is 'only' 94F outside, but I feel very hot sitting here …
Got one store serviced in Davis. Came home at about 11. Got caught up on some email and twitters, then watched BlytheRawLive actually LIVE at noon. Really great ep! Still have one more to catch up on from last week and will be current on all the eps then. Will watch it tonight. There is just something about her show that I really 'get', ya know?! While I was watching it online, my mom was watching Sheppard Smith on FoxNews and I caught the info about the quake in Vancouver! I was really surprised even though I know quakes happen all over every day. But, so many are over 6.0 lately. It's scary in a weird way …

Went out and took a few pics of one of the tomato plants that has ripe (finally!!) tomatoes and picked 2 to have tonight in a small salad.




You can't see any of the flowers in these shots, but the vine on the fence is a trumpet vine and the flowers are the same color as my tomatoes!

Came home to a note on my doorstep from the City of Woodland. They have dropped them at every door in the neighborhood. The city is going to be re-topping the streets in the area in the next 2 months. So, our street leading into the park is one that will be closed! Luckily, they will be giving 2 days notice before the street is closed. I foresee lots of detours …

When I came home earlier, the front door was closed, so I assumed the air was on. I just discovered it was NOT! I've been sitting here sweating for 3 hours! It's on now …

4:15pm
I just finished watching this great documentary called Forks Over Knives. You should check it out!

OMG! It is 104F!!!!!

My mom cooked my red pear with a strawberry in the center for a dessert … Ummm. Rather have it raw. It's a bit hard. But, at least she's trying …

5:45pm
I used to enjoy the news. My mom depresses the hell out of me. She is such a fucking bitch about some people.

Going to listen to the last ep that I haven't seen yet of BlytheRawLive now (last week's ep.) I can drown out the ranting with headphones ...

8pm
I want a dehydrator …

9pm
Yay! I just bought a Snackmaster dehydrator from WalMart using Bill Me Later. I would have used PayPal, but it was about $10 more than I have in there right now. I should be able to pick it up from my local store within 2 weeks. I have wanted one for years! This is the one I got: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Snackmaster-Express-Food-Dehydrator/1120727

We are going to the Woodland Farmer's Market in the morning to pick up the 2-dozen eggs I ordered last week and any other foods that catch our eye. If I have any money left, we are going to the Davis Borders and see what books they have left. They are 70-90% off now.
Time to watch an old Criminal Minds.

No comments: