Friday, November 18, 2011

November 17, 2011

11:30am
Well! What an incredibly annoying morning. My mom's dr. appt. was for 10. Got there 15 min. early. She waited over an hour & was never called in, so she walked out! This is not the first time this has happened, either. So. Just got home & have time before BlytheRawLive at noon. Yay!
Oh, & got home in time for a downpour! Yay! Rain!

2:30pm
Well, we have emptied 2 barrels, a box and a bin this afternoon. Found lots of treasures I thought we'd lost. This one I didn't even know about. It was in Jeanne's possession all these years. My mom remembers their dad buying it from a door-to-door salesman when she was little. It was published in 1947, so she would have been 7. It is in pretty good shape for it's age! It's over five inches thick!




Also, found all our old glass and chrome mixing bowls!! And, lots of other baking stuff. I am so happy about that. And, cast iron pans!! My square one!! Yay! So many other things. Tomorrow, the holiday barrels will be opened. There is a Christmas village (the kind you stick a string of light bulbs in the back of) that is probably 80 years old. My mom always told me it belonged to her mom, when I was little. And, my mom is 71, so older than her anyway. And, a 50 year old Nativity set and so much more.

No comments: