Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 24, 2011

3pm
Well, it's Christmas Eve & I've been going non-stop all day.
Vacuumed the living/dining room/office & the doves' room. Did a load of laundry. Made almond milk. Made my baked apples dish. Cut potatoes for French fries for dinner. And, a bunch of other things. I don't want to do any more today!

I've almost made the decision to start breeding doves again. But, not to sell. To eat. I know that bothers a lot of people. But, I've raised chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys & rabbits for my own food before. This is just on a waaaay smaller scale & they mature quicker. Been thinking about quail, too. Little Girl has 2 eggs right now that she laid 2 days ago. I usually take them away and give them to Nikky or put in the compost. May just let her raise them, but I would have to set the big cage up again, so they would have room for the nests instead of laying in the seed cup! And, I'd have to get another female for Little Boy ...

No comments: