Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 29, 2012

8am
Hope to have a lazy day, but there's always so much to do.

10am
Just put in an order for certified sprouting seeds from Dollar Seeds. I got chia, red clover & alfalfa. Yum. They are on sale for .80c a pack for the next few days. http://www45.instantestore.net/merchant29320/default.cfm
Wish Landreth had these & that they accepted PayPal ... :(

Nikky wears me out when I exercise these days! She always wants to jump on the trampoline with me. Then when I lay down on it to do crunches, she has to get on me, so I hit her with my knees!

12:45pm
Well, damn. Curtis just showed up to go get the furniture ... but had to go do something else first ... so much for a lazy day.

1:15pm
Aaand, 15 minutes, becomes 30 minutes ... he never could tell time ...

2:45pm
Well, We now have 2 antique wardrobes. One is all drawers, but with doors in front of them. It is probably from the early '70s. It's in pretty good shape. It might be oak. The other is red cedar & well over 50 years old. I have to repair the back and the feet before we can use it. Plus, it is missing the skeleton key. So the doors are locked. Going to try one of Papa's old keys. Might work. They both are filthy after being stored in that truck trailer for 12 years ... Luckily, I didn't really have to do too much. Neighbor Kelly helped Curtis haul them up to the deck & into the doves' room from the pickup. Now, I need to get to work cleaning them up & putting them in their new space.
Ezra wants to know where Curtis & Kelly went & why the glass door is open! That's the drawers to the oak wardrobe that I brought home a couple weeks ago and sorted through all the clothes that were in them.
 Oak wardrobe still on it's side for easy scrubbing.
 Nikky's getting in on the investigating now. That's the antique cedar wardrobe on its side ... locked.
 Broken feet need repairing. Luckily we didn't lose any parts. They're around here somewhere.
And, the broken back panels. Hope I found all the slats that need to slide back into place.

4pm
I am worn out! That oak wardrobe is HEAVY! Had a hell of a time getting it upright & into my mom's room with her 'helping'. Got it scrubbed and wiped down with Murphy's Oil Soap. Will do the drawers tomorrow when I get home from work.

My darn eyes are itching from all the dust. Ugh.

I am so tired right now ...

5pm
Just signed up for the Winter of Wellness Summit. Wish I had known about it earlier in the month. I missed quite a few sessions. They are free for several days after each session. So, I am catching up on all of last week's. They are 45 minutes each. http://winterofwellness.com/feature/David-Wolfe It's every Monday - Thursday at noon PST until March 22.

No comments: