Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February 7, 2012

8:30am
Pouring rain. Love it. Have all the blinds open to watch.
Have to go out in it, though ... just going to service the Staples down the road. Should take less than an hour.

Trying not to have a headache.

10:15am
Well, that was a quick work day! Came home & crushed more eggshells & made more flour. Need to make more almond milk in a bit & then put the pulp in the dehydrator.

Have a load of laundry going.

11am
Laundry in the dryer. Living room vacuumed.

12:15pm
My mouth is on fire. Too many red pepper flakes in my grilled cheese sandwich! But, it was sooo good!

Such great news about Prop. 8 today. Hope it doesn't take another 3 years for the stay to be lifted. So many people wanting to get married, but can't. I love the comparison that one of the lawyers made, citing Loving vs. the state of VA. If that court case hadn't changed the law about inter-racial marriages, President Obama's parents would have been arrested and sent to a Federal prison. He would not exist. The comparison is very valid. How can being who you are (black, white, gay, purple-polka-dotted, 3-legged) automatically mean that you are not allowed to marry who you love. And, in the end, why does it matter. If you are over 18, you are allowed to enter into a legal contract & that is all that getting married is! The Christian religion (& some others) has hi-jacked the word marriage, making this country think that they hold rule over it. They don't. It is a legal contract, NOT a religious contract. I think many people, even the lawyers & government have forgotten this. A WEDDING is a religious ceremony. A MARRIAGE is a legal contract.

1:30pm
Got another kitchen cabinet locked. Have 4 more to do in the kitchen. And, have to fix one in my mom's bathroom already ... So annoying. Then, I'll have to do the 5 in the built-in hutch. Wish Ezra would outgrow this already!

It was such a peaceful day out here. My mom stayed in her room most of the day. She's up now, I think ... :(

Got the rest of the stuff I wanted into the cedar wardrobe. Now I have room in my main closet to stack more bins full of vintage stuff I'll be selling some day! Made more room in the doves' room.

3pm
Wow! I just won this for free, Victorian Houses cross-stitch pattern booklet

Enjoying a CSI marathon on Spike. Used to watch it on Spike all the time until it became the Wrestling & other dumb sports channel.

Loading up more music on the MP3 player. Might get some audiobooks on there, too.

Eek. I already have 1.31GB of music on there. I'll wait on the audiobooks for a bit.


Auction: Diet for a Small Planet by Frances Moore Lappe

5:30pm
Got a package ready to mail in the morning. One of my juice books that I don't like was won on Listia.

Just have to service the other 2 Staples in Sacramento tomorrow, so should be home fairly early. Will get some more books listed when I get home. And, maybe a set of envelopes. Trying to decide whether I should put a liner paper inside the envelopes and whether or not to 'seal' them to make sure the collage is smooth. But, don't want to make them too heavy.

7pm
Well, I was going to have some hot chocolate, but I boiled my almond milk over in the microwave ... bummer.

No comments: