Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12, 2012

I haven't been in the mood to blog, email, or even play on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook lately. Took a bit of a break (of varying lengths) on all of them. But, I really need to start catching up, I think. And, I kind of missed doing my 'daily diary' type-of-thing here. I may not get back to daily, but I will be blogging again more often. Anyway ...
We had a pretty busy day today! Took my mom shopping for a darn upright vacuum. Got that pretty quickly. Then went shopping for patio roses and found FIVE that I really like. The biggest one we found at Home Depot. It was the ONLY one they had, too! Kind of disappointed about that at the time. Paid over $30 for the darn thing! We should have went to Orchard first ... they were having a HUGE parking lot sale! Found lots of patio roses. Marked $23.99, but got them for $17.99 each!! So pretty. The smell may kill me, but love the colors. Pictures below. Next month I'll be getting some nice 'pots' for them. We've decided to get old-fashioned steel boiler pans like these: http://www.behrensmfg.com/products/by-type/vintage-steel/full-boiler/
And! My mom's amaryllis is blooming. We've had it about 2 years and it's the first time and I think it is way out-of-season, but not sure. We have one that is older (right behind it) that has never bloomed yet.
 Red amaryllis












 My lettuces are coming up, but my rows got messed up by the neighborhood stray cat running through them.
 Potatoes are getting bigger.

First tomatoes of the season.

No comments: