Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 14, 2012

8am
It's very gray outside. Cloudy. Looks like it wants to rain, but I doubt it will. Will be in the 80s again, though. Good!

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children »

SKYLAR NEESE. Case Type: Endangered Runaway. DOB: Feb 10, 1996, Sex: Female. Missing Date: Jul 6, 2012, Race: White. Age Now: 16, Height: 5'4" (163 cm). Missing City: STAR CITY, Weight: 135 lbs (61 kg...
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children »
DANNYIAH JACKSON. Case Type: Non Family Abduction. DOB: Feb 7, 2006, Sex: Female. Missing Date: Jul 13, 2012, Race: Black. Age Now: 6, Height: 4'9" (145 cm). Missing City: FRESNO, Weight: 90 lbs (41 k...
Dirt is not dirty - article 

1:30pm

Just finished lunch. I was outside much longer than I had planned. Don't know if I really accomplished too much. I got the gate up, but I need to go to OSH tomorrow and get a spring so it won't sag when it's opened. I still need to solder the latch on, too. I dug up some of the lily tubers, but still have 1 other clump to get out. It is a nice, cool day. It is just 77F right now. If I didn't need to eat & clean the doves' cages, I would have went back out. Maybe I'll go outside and read later.

                         
Scalloped bricks will edge the shed, as well as the fence.
Attached a panel to the shed and also made a gatepost with a small re-bar. Need to get a small knob for the top of it.
For some reason there is a part of a small drain pipe sticking out of the sidewalk edge; it had been buried under the dirt. I'll have to work around this when I put in my edging ...
 
                                      Red Canna lily tubers. 
 
Got a load of clothes going. Maybe I'll get the new clothes line up this week! I hope so!

3:15pm

Cloned horses may compete in the 2012 London Olympics, while anti-doping testing for humans becomes more sophisticated

No comments: