Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20, 2012

7:30am
Was sad to wake up to find out about the shooting at the Colorado theater. Glad they already caught the shooter. http://www.kcra.com/news/national/Gunman-kills-12-in-Colorado-movie-theater/-/11797450/15615992/-/h60bwd/-/index.html


National Center for Missing & Exploited Children »
AIKESE JORDAN. Case Type: Endangered Missing. DOB: Jul 22, 2006, Sex: Male. Missing Date: Jul 19, 2012, Race: Black. Age Now: 5, Height: 4'11" (150 cm). Missing City: CHICAGO, Weight: 50 lbs (23 kg). ...
 
Decided to have the yard sale this weekend. So, will be going through things today and pricing them and setting up the tables in the driveway.
 
8:30am
Have to go out and get change for the yard sale, then will get to working on setting it up.
 
Noon
Whew! Got the driveway swept and de-cobwebbed the carport. What a dusty mess. Have 2 of the tables up. Have 2 more to put up. I also finished weaving the top border of the slats on the chain-link fence. Enough outdoor chores for the day. Have to go through all the yard sale stuff after lunch. Also, have a load of wash going. Now to figure out what I want for lunch!
 
A quick interview with Chris Colfer about his new book. I can't wait to get it ... but I have to! I want both the hardback and the audiobook. Maybe I'll have the extra cash next month to order them. http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20612376,00.html
I want to get John & Carole Barrowman's new book, Hollow Earth, too. It won't be released in the US until October, though.

1pm
Totally stuffed. Big lunch. Now to start going through bins and pricing things. Fun ...

4pm
OMG!! I have so much crap! I hope some of this stuff sells or the thrift store will really get a load! There's very little of this stuff that I will bother selling online. Most of it was my aunt's stuff. I think there is a good selection, though. Clothes, books, knick knacks, craft stuff, vintage stuff, and other odds and ends. And, my grandma's religious stuff ... but, if it doesn't sell, it will go online. It's very vintage. 100+ years old; mostly mint condition.
I can barely walk through my bathroom!
Done. Can't do anymore until morning.

Now, to test my old monitor and some other computer stuff. Might put them out to the yard sale, too ...

Almost time for dinner, though.

6:30pm
Well, the old monitor works on the new computer. So, it was definitely the graphic card that was going out on the old XP. I still have to get into it and pull some files I had on there, though. Still waiting on the new monitor!

I think my next computer-related purchase is going to be a better camera. I'm so tired of this annoying little Kodak.
 
Ah, well. The XP is history. Can't see anything at all now. So off to the electronics dump for it.
 
Watched a really good interview from Anthony Starke of his mother about her experiences during WWII. It's here: http://sharedstory.org/story-20 

No comments: