Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012

6:30am
Woke up early ...

8am
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
--Lao Tzu, Chinese philosopher
 
1:30pm
Got done outside by noon. Walked Nikky to the mailbox & visited with the manager & her little Papillon for a few minutes. Load of wash still has to come in off the line in a few minutes. I think I did quite a bit for it being so darn hot out there! I got the umbrella stand painted black & the umbrella up. Made me some really good shade for pulling weeds. I pulled a path so my mom could use the clothesline and not worry about tripping over the weeds. So, she's happy about that!
 The umbrella is a burgundy color. I thought it would match the redwood slats and the future barn red trim the house will have next year better than the ugly orange and dull dark brown they also had available.
 
 Clear path under the clothesline. And, my now-black umbrella stand.
 This is as far as I got on the fence the other day. You can kind of see the section that needs to be finished on the left.

2pm
Clothes are all in.
Banana chips are done. Washed the banana peppers & will cut them in a bit to put in the dehydrator overnight. Saved 4 big ones out to make for dinner tomorrow.

Going to make lettuce-wrapped lamb burger tacos tonight. Yum!

3pm
There just are not enough hours in the day for everything I'd like to do.

Decided to lay my computer on its side and set the monitor on top of it. Made a tiny bit more room on the table & raised the monitor up more to where I like it.

4pm
Got the peppers in the dehydrator for the night.
Rearranged my computer & I really like it better. I can use the CD slot easier with it laying down & the monitor is a better eye level for me.

I don't think I will be doing all of my exercises today. Just not in the mood. I think I did enough working outside.

5pm
Dinner was sooo good.
I really want to get a barbecue, but I think it will have to wait until next year. I've splurged quite a bit this summer. Still have to get the other side of the yard re-fenced.

Just got this book: 20 Easy Grilling Recipes: Amazing Grill Recipes That Will Wow Your Family And Friends Day After Day.

I am amazed. The pedometer that is always giving me problems by shutting off when it gets too much sweat on it survived being accidentally washed today. It dried out and is working!

7pm
I'm getting so frustrated. I have been looking for this picture for 3 days. I know it's here somewhere!!!!

8pm
I found it!!! I would have never thought to look in an old negative envelope. But, I was getting desperate! There were only 2 copies in existence & I don't know if the other one actually still exists. So happy. I can't share it here yet. But later in the month I will share it and several others from the same timeframe.

My mom wants me to check out the new series, Perception, with Eric McCormack in it. So will watch the first ep tonight and see if I want to bother catching up with the 3 or 4 other eps that have aired so far.

No comments: