Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 11, 2012

1am
Well. Can't sleep. I think I slept a little over an hour ... too hot, I guess. Or, too much on my mind, or something ...

8:30am
Went back to bed about 4am, but that didn't go well, either. Just doomed to no sleep last night. So tired, now, though.

Just got these books:
The Closet Case
47 Tasty Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes (Fast, Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes)
The Paleo Diet Solution Cookbook

10:45am
Done outside for the day. I finished slatting the chain link fence!! Except for 1 slot where the old wooden fence is attached, but that will have to wait. Glad it didn't take too long as it's already 88F & that sun was beating down on me. Have a lot of things I need to get done inside, anyway. The doves' are waiting for their cages to be cleaned. I already finished the dehydrated pepper rings and put them up. Lots of other things on the list of things to do, too.

WooHoo! My mom came and asked to use my scale. First time she's weighed herself since she stopped going to the clinic and stopped taking the last of her 19 Rx a few months ago. She said her shorts nearly fell off when she was going down the deck steps! So, she wanted to know. She weighs 168 lbs!!! She has lost nearly 100 lbs. in the past 11 months since we started weaning her off all those awful Rx and started eating a low carb/high fat diet! She now has normal blood pressure, more energy & blood sugars getting better all the time. She is 72 & healthier than she's been in nearly 15 years.

11:45am
Great. Another Spare The Air Day. And, it's already 93F. No wonder I feel awful (besides the no sleep thing ...) 

Gotta go eat & then clean cages.

6pm
It got to 105F ...
Got one page of artwork done for a birthday present. Have 2 more to make.

Just got this book:
Tribe (A Todd Mills Mystery)  

10pm
Just finished making 5 Memory walls for a friend's birthday - 3 was not enough. Brought back so many memories that I'm still crying. 

No comments: