Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 5, 2012

7am

Going Green: 4 Simple Suggestions

8am
Forgot to mention yesterday that I bought a cast iron grill! I've wanted one for a long time! Cured it last night in the oven, so it's ready to use for some spare ribs tonight. It fits just right in the oven. I mentioned to an online friend a few months back that I had a collection of cast iron pots & pans. Some were my grandmother's, so are probably close to 100 years old, but still work just fine. I'm going to finally take the promised picture of them all tomorrow when I clean my cupboards.

12:45pm
Wow. I was outside for 3 hours and only got about 2 square feet dug out of weed roots & black mesh. It's going to take forever! FYI ... weed barrier cloth DOES NOT WORK, people! Whoever laid it down in this space was an idiot or was conned (both!)

3:30pm
About to load Ezra up for his trip to the shots clinic. Yes, it is today - at 4pm. My mom is even ready to go. Get this over with ...

5pm
Well, Ezra has his rabies shot for another year. Sucks they won't give the 3-year to cats any more. We also bought a new male Betta. He's gorgeous. We are going to put him in the big tank & hope he gets along with the rasboras, danios & tetra. There are 5 of them & it's a 29-gallon tank, so hopefully, there will be enough room they all have their own territory. The 20-gallon hex that the other Betta was in is filthy, so need to clean it before anyone else can move in. The pictures are a little blurry. He's a fast mover!


My mom forgot that we were going to have OVEN grilled pork ribs tonight and tried to cook them with the grill on 2 stove burners ... Um, just no. So, I just moved the hot cast iron grill into the oven ... Need new hot pads. The old ones are really getting grungy & it's not washing away anymore.

7pm
Got all of my exercises done. I think Nikky & I will go out and read for a bit under the carport.

This is a good story: Tahoe Shakespeare festival produces 4-legged star

8:30pm
Our neighbor, Daisy (Martin's wife) just brought over these beautiful peppers. She didn't know what kind they are & neither do I! I think I will cut them up and dehydrate them tomorrow.
I'm watching Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead tonight.

2 comments:

Jack O'Neill said...

Looks like banana peppers, or some weird hybrid. Be careful, they could be hot.

QuinGem said...

I thought it might be some type of banana pepper, too. But, I do expect them to be a hot type. That is why Daisy brought them to me, as Martin does not like spicy. ;)