Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012

7am
I just bought this ebook: Weekend Homesteader: July

Poor Ezra is sick today after his shot. Threw up all night and just blah today. Poor baby. Damn vaccine.

I'll be passing by this today on the way to one of my stores. I use Richards Blvd. quite often to cut between freeways in Sacramento. Firefighters: Large warehouse fire expected to burn into afternoon


I so want this book! BOOK EXCERPT: Elton John on the Friends He's Lost to AIDS

12:45pm
Got the 3 stores done. I'm now off until next Tuesday! A full 7 days off. Yay! I stopped at Home Depot & got 2 more packs of redwood vinyl slats for the chain link fence. I also stopped at the Cash & Carry on Richards Blvd. (I got a big bag of lemons, big bag of ginger and paprika) & saw the mess the firefighters are dealing with! The warehouses are still smoldering. They are right behind the Cash & Carry! Very lucky they didn't get any damage from flying embers.

Going to make lavender lemonade today, after I deal with the peppers I got last night.

3:30pm
Got a load of laundry done, off the line & put away. Making lavender lemonade right now. Found a yummy recipe for some of the peppers we will have tomorrow & also a tutorial for dehydrating the rest of them.

6pm 
Donner Summit land to be preserved as open space

I bought these ebooks this afternoon:
At Table with the Lord - Foods of the First Century
The Beekeepers Digest: Recipes and Formulas
Natural Soapmaker Recipes and Techniques
Turbulence 2: Autopilot Engaged

7:45pm
Got all of my exercises done then went outside to read a chapter of Supernatural: Witch's Canyon under the carport while Nikky played in the yard.

No comments: