Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7, 2012

8:15am

THE BULB OF THE DAY FOR MID-SUMMER AND FALL PLANTING - Keizerskroon, The Oldest Tulip Variety in the World Still...

12:30PM
Whew! Done outside for the day except to bring in the laundry when it's dry. Got a whole section of chain link fence slatted - emptied one package. One to go. But, I will have to buy 1 more to finish off our space. It is looking really nice!
I got my oil check, so I went to Home Depot in hopes of getting a wrought iron base for the outdoor umbrella. They only had one square, ugly base, so didn't get it. Will have to go to OSH & see what they have in the morning. But, I did get 2 more fence panels that I am going to make gates for the stairs on either side of the house. One for the front of the deck and one for the carport stairs. Paid a couple of bills, too. Have one more to pay tomorrow & will be all caught up for the month. I also turned in the digital cable boxes and reverted back to Extended Basic cable, but upped my internet speed to the highest level. Even doing that, my bill will be nearly $20/month cheaper!

Now, to find food for lunch ...

1pm
Making chicken stock. 
Cleaned and cut a bunch of carrots - some for lunch, some for the stock, some for later.
Need to clean & cut the peppers to cook & dehydrate after I eat. Have a bunch of eggshells that need to go in the dehydrator, too. I was going to dehydrate some bananas, too, but I don't think I'll have room on the trays on this session.

2:30pm
Laundry is all put away for another day.

3:45pm
I don't feel very accomplished right now. The eggshells took up all the room in the dehydrator, so the peppers and bananas will have to wait until tomorrow.
Going to move the cable modem and the phone into the doves' room now. Need to reboot the modem anyway since the speed got changed earlier today.

5:30pm
I'm stuffed. Rotisseried pork short ribs. Yum!

I got the phone, modem & router moved into the doves' room. Everything worked out perfectly as I'd planned. Wireless reaches all the rooms!

It got to 99F today ... Supposed to be over 100F the next 4 days. I had planned on going to the Tomato Festival on Saturday, but it may get to 108F, so that will be a no go ...

7pm
Nikky & I sat outside & I read 2 chapters of Supernatural: Witch's Canyon while she played in the yard. Pookie & Chewy came by to visit through the fence for a bit &, of course, Pookie had to try to get in my lap! She is such a friendly dog. 

No comments: