Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 8, 2012

7am
Got more ebooks early this morning:
Quantum Paleo
The Slow Cooker Cookbook: 87 Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Recipes for Slow Cooked Meals

It's going to be a busy morning. Need to go to OSH to get the umbrella stand, coir cloth, garden soil, clear coat paint and a couple rebars if they have the right size. 
Then digging more weeds when I get home.

8am
Ooh. Change of plans. OSH is having another No Sales Tax sale starting tomorrow. So not going today! I'll have more money tomorrow, anyway!
So, will walk Nikky to the mailbox and then start on the weeding.

12:30pm
Done outside for the day. Laundry is in. Chain link fence is nearly done. There is just a 5-foot section that I need to get more slats for. It looks really nice. So happy I decided to do this. Didn't do any weeding.
Going to watch this episode tomorrow: Transgender Adoptive Parent Featured on Oxygen Documentary Series

32 “Slow Living” Inspired Ways to Savor Summer

Now to find something to eat! Starving!

2pm
Have banana chips in the dehydrator. I am all 'puckered' from drinking the excess lemon juice from dipping them! Dried eggshells have all been 'blended' and poured around the lettuces to deter snails.

13 Simple Aerobic Tips

4pm
Dusted and vacuumed 2 rooms and cleaned the cabinets under the stove. Since I had all the pots and pans out, I finally took pictures of my cast iron collection. There are several pieces I still want to get in the future. My favorite is the square pan. I use it almost every day.
The four round pans between the Dutch oven and the muffin pan were my grandmother's, as well as the biggest pan on the far right. They are probably 100 years old or very close to it.

I hope this happens: State recommends listing gray wolf as endangered

5pm
It's 99F ... waiting for the chickens to finish cooking in the rotisserie. So hungry & tired right now. Still need to ride the exercycle after dinner. Have all my other exercises done for the day.

7pm 
Mass grave in London reveals how volcano caused global catastrophe

Too tired to ride the exercycle tonight, but I'm going outside to read a couple more chapters of Supernatural: Witch's Canyon. Criminal Minds will be on in an hour.

It got to 100F today. Start of a heatwave.

No comments: