Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4, 2013

8:15am
Having an awful breakfast. Hope it doesn't bode for the rest of the day.

Realized I have no small flat rate Priority mail boxes, so have to get the little bottles I sold wrapped in bubble wrap, print out the label and take that and packing tape with me to the post office to package there. Must stock up on little Priority boxes. I do use them a lot.

Need to pick up the ink I ordered from Walmart last week before heading to West Sacramento to service a store.

2pm
It's been a fairly nice day again. Below freezing in the morning, but warming to the low 50s. Going out to pull some weeds in a bit.

My mom wants her bathroom door switched ... again! Will do that later. First she wants it to open out into her bedroom, then she wants it to open into the bathroom. I hate putting more holes in the door jamb!

I also want to get the indoor clothesline hung up. I've had it for several months, but never got around to hanging it up.

3:15pm
My fingertips hurt from pulling the weeds. Cold. But, almost have the edge of the driveway weeded. Will finish that tomorrow and then sweep out the carport. Seems all the leaves in the neighborhood accumulate there!

Load of laundry is done and put away.

Going to put up the clothesline now.

4pm
Clothesline is up with a basketful of clothespins. Ready to use.

Not going to do the bathroom door today.

Time for tea. But, what kind do I want today?
Speaking of tea. I've almost got my mom off of coffee. She's drinking more tea than me, now!

6:30pm
Got my exercises done and read a chapter in Supernatural: The Unholy Cause.

7pm
Listening to CBS Radio Mystery Theater Radio - The Resident. This is the last one I have, so will have to find another radio show to listen to tomorrow.


I realized I've been VERY lax in following the name of this blog for a long time. Where are the quotes, you say?! So, I'm going to start putting in some quotes I find each day. I find a lot of them in various places. So you'll be seeing a lot of them!

"What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another." --Mahatma Gandhi, Indian spiritual/political leader

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein, physicist

"Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission, to be of service to them whenever they require it." --St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals 

"Every moment Nature starts on her longest journey, and every moment she reaches her goal." --Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, German author

"While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal positions on this earth?" --George Bernhard Shaw, Irish author

8:15pm
Just watched part 4 of Adventures of Captain Marvel!


9:15pm
Sudoku. Then, bed.

No comments: