Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 2, 2013

9:45am
Off to a pretty good start this morning. Load of laundry running in the washer; doves' cages cleaned; Nikky, Ezra and my nails clipped; postcards cut out for swaps to make handmade postcards later today.

Listening to Jim Croce's I Got A Name and Photographs & Memories - His Greatest Hits this morning.

10:30am
Just got back from walking to the mailbox. It's 53F. Cool, but not cold. But, Nikky wore her jacket. Met the biggest dog that lives in our mobile home park (there is a 20 lb. limit, but I think he was 'grandfathered' in.) He's a huge pit bull mix, but a big softie. Nikky tried to eat him! My mom made the whole walk for the first time in a long time. After all the walking in the store yesterday, I didn't expect her to. She wants to walk tomorrow, too. Good.

Noon
Whew! Laundry's done; bed's made; shelves in my mom's closet are sturdy with extra brackets. Now for lunch! Bacon & fried eggs and spinach. Yum!

Making postcards and more paper beads are getting coated.

Listening to some old Swing music. Fun.

4:30pm
Nikky and I spent about an hour outside working in the yard. She protected me from annoying travelling religion-pushers and the little neighbor dogs. She's such a good girl sometimes! Ha!

Came in and got the dinner snack ready. I'm making chocolate-stuffed dates sprinkled with coconut. My mom is making beef heart on the rotisserie. Good stuff.

I love how this postcard turned out!

6:30pm
Got my exercises done and read a chapter in 
Supernatural: Heart of the Dragon.
 
I'm giving away: Jumbo Rubber Bands - 5. Check it out -
 
Finally got the beads coated. Will list them tomorrow. 
 
7:15pm
Listening to Superman - Dead Man's Secret part 9.
 

Decided to finally set up the TracFone I bought in December! If I can figure it all out. It's charging right now. Will activate it tomorrow.

Greatest Health Secret on Earth

8:45pm
Just watched the first episode of a new Australian series, The Doctor Blake Mysteries! It's pretty good. I love vintage era shows. This one takes place in the 40s, I believe. Love all the old cars!

Going to soak my feet in lavendar Epsom salts and read another chapter of Supernatural: Heart of the Dragon.

No comments: