Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22, 2013

8am
I decided to stay home today ... going to get that part put on my car and try to reset the check engine light again.
Then, going to work on pulling the rest of the carpet out of my closet and move furniture around. If I find my box cutter, I 'might' go ahead and pull all the carpet from my bedroom over the weekend and then move the furniture where I want it. We'll see.

I'm also going to put up the curtains that I washed last night. Maybe I will finally have a dark bedroom to sleep in!

9am
My current bedroom curtains. They came with the house. Nice, but too thin.
9:30am
Ah, that's much better!
These curtains are lined, too, so will help keep the draftiness from the window at bay a bit.

Now, to work on the closet.

Noon
Closet is done. Moved Papa's vanity into the space where the bins were.
The other side of the closet is Nikky's room. Her bed is in there. I'm washing her bedding now, so will take a pic later when it is set back up.
Papa's big dresser is now moved to where the vanity was.
Will be moving my big computer desk from the living room into my bedroom next. It will go where the big dresser was.
It has to be moved in pieces. That is much easier than fighting it through all the doorways and angles.

3:30pm
Finally! I got the desks set up the way I want them!  Took longer than I had planned. So not in the mood to work on the car now! Here's the finished area for this computer. Next week, I'll work on getting the other computers set up in here and the TV. Will be moving all the milk crate shelving out of here, which will make much more room for them all. Plus, I will still have a little area to do small crafts in.
The camera has given up for the day, so I can't get pics of Nikky's room right now ... I'll have to find some fresh batteries tomorrow.

I am so tired right now ...

6:30pm
Dinner was so good! We had Onion-roasted ribs.

Got my exercises done and read a chapter in Supernatural : War of the Sons.

I've been listening to a lot of swing music again today.

9:15pm
Listened to part 3 of Superman - The Man Without A Face. And, watched episode 3 of the old series Best of the West.  Also watched episode 4 of The Doctor Blake Mysteries.

No comments: