Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 28, 2013

8:30am


THE SEED OF THE DAY – Zinnia Week – Persian Carpet –...
I was so busy yesterday, I didn't even open up my blog to write anything. I got home at a fairly normal time for me (around 2:30) from servicing 2 stores in Sacramento. As soon as I got home, I got back to researching ebikes. (Thanks to Wilma for some ebike info!) And, I bought one - this one! I've been wanting one for quite a while and since today is the last day I can legally drive my car until I can get it to pass the smog test, this is the perfect time to get one. I actually bought a 'cheap' one from WalMart (if you want to call $500 cheap ... I love BillMeLater!!!) & it will be delivered by Monday! I've been planning this for a while, as I decided a few years ago that the Toyota will be my last car. I've been driving over 30 years now and I have always hated driving. So, if the car doesn't pass smog after changing out the oxygen sensor (which I have) & getting the check engine light reset, it will be parked until I can sell it or retire it to the state (there is a program in California for that.) It's the bus and bike for me! Then! All of the books I had listed on Listia ended one after the other. So, I spent about 4 hours packaging 22 books and some other things to mail on Friday. I will have to hook up the trailer to my bike (my current, non-electric bike) to haul them to the post office annex at the grocery store down the street! Plus, watched Criminal Minds and CSI!

3:34pm
I got home a couple hours ago. Paid a bill, serviced one store and got a few groceries.
Just spent the past hour or so outside. Cleaned up Nikky's yard, hung a load of laundry on the line (first time this year!), swept part of the carport, and finally (after over 3 years!) attached the wagon to my bike. It's one of those pull-behinds that people carry kids in. I originally bought it to take Jorgy for rides, but then she died, so I never used it. I have cleaned it up and will start using it now. I am going to practice with it on the regular bike. When I get used to it, I'll attach it to the ebike. It will be great for groceries and also to haul my work stuff. And, I want to train Nikky to stay in it, so I can take her to the man-made lake down the road and walk the trail with her. I can attach her seatbelt to the kiddie seat belts in it, so shouldn't be a problem. I'll get good practice pulling it tomorrow, since I want to travel around town to pay bills and pick up a few groceries. It will be a very long day of bike riding.

4:30pm
Can't wait for dinner - pork tenderloin. I hope the NuWave oven doesn't ruin it! I'm starving!

5pm
I. Am. Stuffed. The tenderloin was a bit dry in places, but otherwise OK.
Going out to get the clothes off the line. Then, I need to get a couple of postcards and greeting cards made that I need to mail tomorrow ... the first came too fast ...

6:30pm
Got my exercises done and read a chapter in Supernatural : War of the Sons.
 
Listened to part 9 of Superman - The Man Without A Face. 

8:30pm
This afternoon has flown by. Packaged up more mail. Made 2 greeting cards. Still need to make the postcards, but don't think they will get done tonight.
I watched episodes 8 & 9 of the old series Best of the West.

No comments: