Thursday, February 7, 2013

February 7, 2013

6pm
Well, what a long day. I got 2 stores serviced, bought a few groceries at the co-op and spent almost an hour at the DMV to pay for my car registration so it's not late. Hopefully, I'll be able to get the car smogged by the end of the month ... I also picked up some information about the rules of the road for mopeds and other electric bikes, etc. I am really close to making up my mind to get something like that this summer. I really, really hate driving (especially all the expenses that go with it) and always have. I didn't even get my first driver's license until I was almost 19. Damn. I've been driving for over 30 years now! Yeah, going to do more research on the motorized bike. I don't want a motorcycle as I'd have to still pay for gas, insurance, yearly registration, a different type of driver's license and a helmet! I want something that does not require all that, but will still get me where I want to go. I'll still use my regular bike for close/short trips. And, the bus for bad weather or to take my mom places.

My mom's NuWave oven arrived today. WooHoo and Big Whoop. See, I'm real impressed ... not. Used it to make dinner. It was fairly quick. About 10 minutes for 2 pork chops, some asparagus tips and a big floret of broccoli. But, I think the chops were a bit too rare and the broccoli way too hard. But, for the first time using it ... OK, I suppose. My mom loves it already. I'd rather cook the old-fashioned way.

Misha Collins shared this on Twitter:

If the Boy Scouts don't end their anti-gay policies, i'll permanently delete this pivotal piece of scouting knowledge.



Got my exercises done and read a chapter in Supernatural: Heart of the Dragon.


Finally caught up on packaging a bunch of swaps to mail off tomorrow. I had enough stamps for all of them! Must buy more stamps now.

10pm
Just finished watching episode 3 of Ripper Street.



No comments: