Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14, 2013

8:30pm
OMG! I did it! I rode my bike about 45 miles today. From Woodland to Dixon and back. I am so tired and sore. Mostly saddle-sore! I am definitely going to look for a better seat. There is just not enough padding on the one that came with the bike!
If I hadn't gotten that second battery there was no way I could have done it. I mostly used the PAS (pedal-assist) setting, so both batteries lasted to the end of the ride with a little juice left-over. I think I used the TAG (touch and go) setting for about 10-15 miles, to give my legs a rest once in a while.
I also had to stop at a Dollar Tree and get some small bungee cords to tie my backpack on top of the battery holder as my back/shoulder was killing me with a 10-15 lb. burden. Was much more comfortable sitting up straight on the way home!
Tomorrow, I just need to ride around town and pay a couple of bills, so I'll be using TAG the whole way. No pedaling.


No comments: