Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

9:30am
Big Boy Dove is 3 today. Will take picture tonight.

Wind is bad again today ... I am so over this North Wind shit ...

I was in error in my blog last night. The internet blackout is today (4/22) not Friday! Ugh. Too late. I'm already ON the internet ... looks like many others missed it, too. Needed more warning. I was prepared not to be on the 'net on Friday ... other than some work stuff.

Need to get some postcards and ATCs made today. Then, I'm going to list a few things on Listia. And, package up some sales and swaps.

12:45pm
Great. My oven is not working ... Not sure what the problem is. Waiting 45 minutes for the bacon to be done and find the gas didn't even come on. No smell, so it didn't even get any. The stove is working ... I hate gas. I need to look into getting it turned off and replace the stove and oven with electric.

So, my mom put my bacon in her NuWave. First time trying to make it with that.

2pm
Bacon was alright earlier. Not the greatest, but at least not as messy as frying on the stove. Plus, the little roast my mom was making for her lunch got bacon drippings on it. Yum.

Just finished making 4 postcards and they are ready to mail tomorrow along with my Bonanza sale from last night.

Now, to get a few things ready to put up on Listia.

7pm
Well, I haven't accomplished much today ... no new listings, but had another winning auction, which I packaged for tomorrow's mail.

But, here are pictures of Ezra surveying his realm from the tallboy dresser:

 
 He's so princely! haha!

Damn. I'm getting really frustrated with one of my survey companies. I've been with them for years and they have suddenly changed their payment plan. You have to jump through hoops just to get $3 sent to PayPal. If it doesn't show up soon, I think I am going to give up on them. It was bad enough when they went from $5 down to $3 a few years ago. But, now you have to go to a separate site and 'order' your $3 like a product. So, I have a feeling they will be eliminating the cash payments soon and just do points that you can redeem for crap (airline miles, restaurants, iTunes, or whatever that I don't use!) I've already dropped several companies that started doing that ... one company used to let you redeem for Barnes and Noble gift cards, but they stopped doing that, so I stopped doing their surveys. Not many decent cash-paying survey companies left, it seems ...

It got to nearly 90ºF today. It's going to be a long, hot summer, methinks.

8:30pm
Making chia tea to take with me tomorrow. It's going to be a long day trying to get 4 stores done in Sacramento. I'll need all the energy I can get ... I'll have it on the food blog tomorrow.

Here's a bedtime picture of the doves.
Big Boy is on top with Little Girl behind him. Little Boy is perching below while Squabbie has a night-time snack.

And, here's Robin having dinner of strawberry and bindweed while Ezra supervises!


No comments: