Sunday, April 28, 2013

April 28, 2013

11:15am
The oven started working again. I think it is the ignitor that is acting up. But, I can't wait until my little countertop oven arrives!

I dug up the rosemary root and trunk this morning. Leveled off the ground. Next weekend, I hope to finally put the wire fence up around the brick box. I'll take pics. By then the irises should be done blooming, too.

My mom is doing great weeding the backyard. She does it sitting in her lawn chair!

Our lemon tree has teeny-tiny lemons! And, it is still blooming! More flowers = more lemons! Win-win!

Going to catch up with a bunch of quotes that have been sitting in my inbox for nearly two months. Hope you like all of them!

Our life is March weather,
savage and serene in one hour.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–82)

"Make slow. careful choices about the people you include in your life -- and fast decisive decisions about those you exclude from your life." ~Gavin de Becker
But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more. - Hans Christian Andersen

Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold. - Zelda Fitzgerald

Our mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we've ever met. - Marguerite Duras

If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week. - Charles Darwin

Rarely do great beauty and great virtue dwell together. - Francesco Petrarca

Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. - Mark Twain

Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining. - Anne Lamott


Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jellyfish. - Charles Chaplin


We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. - Cynthia Ozick


And thus the heart will break, yet brokenly live on. - George Gordon (Lord) Byron


You know how sometimes you lie in bed at night and think, “What if the law of gravity just wears out and lets go and I drift into space?” Does that ever make you anxious? - Elaine May


Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them. - Sue Grafton


It is never too late to be wise. - Daniel Defoe


There's things that happen in a person's life that are so scorched in the memory and burned into the heart that there's no forgetting them. - John Boyne


Be strong. You never know who you are inspiring. ~Unknown
Roots and herbs she gathers,
Morning, night and noon,
By the raising dog-star,
Underneath the moon.
–Eleanor C. Koenig, Herb Woman and Other Poems (1926)

If I had to choose just one plant for the whole herb garden, I should be content with basil.
–Elizabeth David, British food writer (1913–1992)

Blossom of the almond trees,
April’s gift to April’s bees,
Birthday ornament of spring,
Flora’s fairest daughterling.
–Sir Edwin Arnold, English author (1832–1904)

6:30pm
Work is going to kill me next week. And, I have to use my car 3 days out of the 5 ... bike 1, bus 1 ... ugh. But, I have to get 15 stores serviced in 3 different counties (5 different towns.) Just no choice with my foot messed up, too.

"Once you make a friend, a friend never leaves you, even to death. So a friend is really hard to find."
--Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA        
"The base of all things is love and respect."
--Vickie Downey, TEWA/Tesuque Pueblo





"We all come from the same root, but the leaves are all different."
--John Fire Lame Deer, LAKOTA

"You must be prepared and know the reason why you dance."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

No comments: