Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 23, 2013

7:30am
The bunny lives! He's much better this morning. The wound still looks awful, but it is trying to scab. The baby LOVES apple. Going to have to watch that as he gets older. Make sure he eats other things.
There is also rutabaga in the bowl. And, the greens is lettuce that has gone wild from last year's planting. Robin loves that stuff.

8:30am
It's actually chilly this morning. My fingers are cold. Gotta get ready for work.

3:15pm
Got home about an hour ago. Bought some fresh red dandelion greens, red lettuce, carrots with tops and a red turnip at the co-op for the bunnies. They are now chowing down on some. Baby is much perkier than this morning. When I got home the bunnies were snuggling together. I think the little guy might make it. I need to bathe his wound and put some coconut oil on it in a bit.

My mom wants to name him Urgo ... ugh.

5 pm
OK. I have to admit I made a BIG error! My mom was wondering why Robin had no 'balls' yet ... Well, I hadn't even looked since the day after we got Robin ... and, it wasn't really a thorough check ... so, I just looked ... um. Robin is a girl and so is the new baby ... I need a little embarrassed emoticon here ... so, have to rethink names for the baby. Luckily, Robin fits either gender. I can't believe I made that mistake, but it has been over 15 years since I had any rabbits ... oops.

Baby had a quick rinse and then coconut oil on the wound. Put her back in the cage and she immediately started eating some dandelion leaves. Tonight, they will be getting half a banana for their late snack before bed. Along with more greens, some nuts, turnip and their hay mix. That will last them until morning. They get at least 95% real food; very little 'rabbit kibble'.

9pm
Just felt an earthquake! The news is saying it was up in Susanville/Greenville area (near Mount Lassan and Mount Shasta,) which is about 180 miles north of here in the Northern Sierra mountain range. It was 5.7. I haven't felt an earthquake in several years. Luckily, it doesn't seem to have caused any major damage or injuries. Just shook things up a bit. Nikky was being a bit fussy in her crate just before it hit. She rarely makes a peep once she goes to bed.

No comments: