Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25, 2013

8:15am
Well, I started the blog yesterday, but only got a couple of sentences written and then got to doing other things ... so anyway ... start over ...

Finally! The bunny's name is Sheree. I don't really think it fits her, but it is better than Gigi!

Serviced two stores and then went to the farm for milk and eggs. Then, got home and waited for the A/C maintenance guy. He finally showed up around 4. Found that the A/C is 23 years old! Didn't think it was that old, as it works pretty well. He recommended that a couple of small parts be replaced. But, that will have to wait ... no money.

Today, we'll be rearranging where the rabbit pen is. It is just too hard to clean, so it is moving into the kitchen at least until I pull the rug from the other room and replace the floor ... whenever that will be, I don't know yet.

Then, we will be pulling the turf carpet from the big deck so I can see what condition the wood is. Depending on the condition ... I might be able to replace part of it this summer. If it's bad, it will have to wait until next year most likely ...

1:15pm
Rabbit pen is moved. I think I will like it where it is, especially once I get a light over there. It's too dark! Yeah, I still have to replace all of the kitchen lights ...
We got half of the carpet pulled up from the deck. It was obviously there to cover up the shoddy repair jobs on the deck. Definitely needs to be re-done. Next week, I'll be going under the deck to check all of the posts and see the condition they are in. I'm hoping I'll just need to replace the flooring boards and not the whole deck.
But, I'm done with working on the house, etc. for the day. My back is bothering me a bit. And, I kept sneezing like crazy out there!

I'm on my second load of laundry. I might do 1 or 2 more, as I haven't done laundry for several days. I hate that. I like doing 1 load a day to keep up with it all.

I have a batch of lavender lemonade steeping. I'm going to make another batch of sun tea in a few minutes. Made a batch yesterday, too. I love it!!

Also, boiling some eggs. Yum.

I need to fill capsules with cinnamon, as we are out, but I don't feel like it! It's such a messy job.  I also have eggshells in the dehydrator to make another batch of calcium tomorrow.

I really need to eat something ...

2pm
Laundry load 3.

Lemonade done in the fridge. Sun tea out in the sun. Eggs almost done boiling.
Having a cashew, macadamia nut, pine nut, dried cranberry, carob chip, cacao nibs mix to snack on for lunch. I'm really not hungry enough for more ... and some tea.

3pm
Well, I had 2 hard-boiled eggs while I was destroying (peeling) them. This is the worst batch in a long time where I couldn't get the shells off easily. Oh, well. At least they are still edible and yummy!

9:30pm
Some quotes to end the day ...
"All living creatures and all plants derive their life from the sun. If it were not for the sun, there would be darkness and nothing could grow  the earth would be without life."
--Okute, TETON SIOUX
"If the Great Spirit wanted men to stay in one place He would make the world stand still; but He made it to always change..."
--Chief Flying Hawk, OGLALA SIOUX
"The earth was created by the assistance of the sun, and it should be left as it was... The country was made without lines of demarcation, and it is no man's business to divide it..."
--Chief Joseph, NEZ PERCE

He was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad.
Rafael Sabatini
He was going to live forever, or die in the attempt.
Joseph Heller

Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.
Niccolò Machiavelli

Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough.
Richard P. Feynman

If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun.
Katharine Hepburn

Laugh all you want and cry all you want and whistle at pretty men in the street and to hell with anybody who thinks you're a damned fool!
Armistead Maupin

No comments: