Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2, 2013

6pm
Today's been a much calmer day than yesterday. Didn't really do much, but wasn't stressed, either. I've mainly been moving files around on my computers. Still trying to make more room for things and get them organized better so I can actually find things I've saved over the years! Going through a lot of old emails, too. Deleting stuff I will never need or use. Etc.!!!

Had a really good dinner of pancakes and spicy hot bacon!

I'm finalizing some things for a new yahoogroup. Yeah. Where should I put that new hole in my head!? It's going to be a file-sharing group. Closed membership. No archives/messages saved. Limited shares - probably 5 or 10 per member per day to allow time for people to get things downloaded completely. I have so many movies, TV shows, music, audiobooks, ebooks, emagazines, etc. I'll probably open it next weekend. It'll just be friends and friends of friends. Pando, 4Shared, and a few other forms of file-sharing will be allowed. Some will not be allowed.
"The land is a sacred trust held in common for the benefit of the future of our nations."
--Haida Gwaii - Traditional Circle of Elders

"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW


I could but esteem this moment of my departure as among the most happy of my life. -Meriwether Lewis


His books were the closest thing he had to furniture and he lived in them the way other men live in easy chairs. - Laura Hillenbrand


There must be those among whom we can sit down and weep and still be counted as warriors. - Adrienne Rich


If books could have more, give more, be more, show more, they would still need readers who bring to them sound and smell and light and all the rest that can’t be in books.
The book needs you. -
Gary Paulsen


The thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which must also make you lonely. - Lorraine Hansberry


Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. - Alexander Pope


Hooray! Hooray! The end of the world has been postponed! - Hergé


When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. - John Muir


The bravest people are the ones who don’t mind looking like cowards. - T.H. White

Hail, bounteous May, that dost inspire
Mirth and youth and warm desire!
Woods and groves are of thy dressing,
Hill and dale doth boast thy blessing.
John Milton



No comments: