Saturday, June 22, 2013

June 22, 2013

2pm
It's a hot one today. It's 92F right now, but tomorrow is supposed to have a drastic cool-down in front of a storm coming. I can't wait!

Nikky and I walked to the mailbox this morning. Left a note for the mail-lady that I have an out-going Priority mail. Still hasn't shown up! I should have just taken it to the PO myself ... grrr. It's the first time I've tried that. Won't bother in future.

It took me nearly 2 hours to clean all the cages this morning. I can't wait for the new bunny cages!!! It's so easy to clean the doves' cages.

I have a load of laundry on the line.

Soaking some wild rice for dinner. My mom forgot again. Should have started soaking them this morning. It's weird, because she always soaked the (white) rice as well as beans when I was little. Then, she got out of the habit. I'm having to re-train her! Gah!

I can't wait until Daisy & Martin are done with their new house siding replacement! At least it is not overly noisy for long, but the workers do not clean up after themselves! Every morning I have to pick up weird pieces of insulation and other stuff that blows under my carport ...

Just filled out the paperwork to renew the CARE program for our utilities. We're still way under their poverty level, so still qualify.

4pm
Shock! The monitor for my XP came on! I can burn some DVDs or CDs! First time in a week!

8pm
I just finished watching an old classic horror movie with Vincent Price - House of Wax. It was the first 3D movie made by Warner Bros. Pictures.

The mail lady JUST came. Talk about late! But, at least my package is on its way now ...

No comments: