Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 20, 2013

2pm
OK. So, WalMart decided to switch my WM credit card into a Discover card ... and raise my credit limit almost $2000! So, I spent the morning splurging, of course ... oh, boy. I'll be paying for it for a while, of course. But, I finally got a decent camera (I hope) and a current Android 7" tablet. And, a new rolling pack to carry my work stuff. And, some food & 2 pairs of jeans.
The camera is a Samsung WB30F. It was $90. The most I have ever paid for a camera. It better be worth it! Just having a rechargeable battery makes it a winner. Wow, I can even make videos with it and it has a microphone. Fancy.
Old camera, above. New camera, below.
And, I didn't buy a memory card, because I have one somewhere around here ... one of those mini ones ... I'll have to hunt for it.

4pm
I am sooo tired. Two days in a row something woke me up around 2:30am. I'm taking melatonin tonight. I really need to sleep as I am working with Viola, my manager, tomorrow.

OMG. The tablet I bought has a camera, too! Will be great for work. Hopefully, it will work with the keyboard I bought for the other tablet that never worked right ... will test it out later.

I need to fix the armrest on my desk's slide-out keyboard tray. The old paper is starting to peel off. I don't want to buy a whole roll of contact paper to fix it. So, I might d├ęcoupage it ... hmmm. I need to do something. It's sticky.

I really need to get off my butt and take the paint form to the office to get the paint colors approved. I have to buy the paint by the end of the month, as I have a coupon that expires then!

7:30pm
I like my little tablet, but it won't accept stylus tapping, only finger ... I wonder if there is a free app for that? It works great with my external keyboard, though! Charging the battery now. I do need to get some velcro squares to make it stop sliding out of the keyboard case. For now I'll use big rubber bands. I have plenty of those.
8:30pm
And, Nikky is waiting impatiently to go out before bed.
The new camera is nice, but I really need to find the microSD card as it can only hold two pics internally at a time.

No comments: