Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013

9:15am
I can't believe this! It's actually raining! I can't paint when it's raining!
And, my mom killed one of her fish. She's rearranging things and threw out one of the decorations and he must have been in it ...

So, it looks like I won't be finishing the shed today ... I'll have to do a little each day after I get home from work ...

I will be finishing my office, I guess.

11:30am
Well, it only rained for about 15 minutes! So, I did get more done on the shed, and painted the box that covers the main drain connection and the house skirting behind it. All the edging around the door is done. So, other than the hinges and some touch-ups when I get those done, the front of the shed is done. I need to get a longer drill bit to put the bolts in right for the hinges, so will get that tomorrow after work. And, hopefully, I will be able to paint for about an hour each day after work. So, I should be able to actually start painting the house next weekend, if things work out right. I hope ...

Now, a smoothie for lunch and then start on my office.

1pm
The missing fish has been found. Where the heck he was hiding, we'll never know!

3:15pm
The office is coming along slowly. All the bookshelves are full to over-flowing, but all of the milk crates are gone! I can't move the window seat out here until my mom gets the fish tank moved as I can't get it through her door with it in the way. So, will probably get that done tomorrow since she will probably get the fish moved while I am at work. Once those things are moved, I can start moving my desk and computer stuff and files out of my bedroom.

But, I am done for the day as I go back to work tomorrow. I still have to get all my paperwork organized for the stores I'll do the next few days.

7:45pm
Wow. We're having thunder and lightning. The sky is nearly red. Weird.


Huh. There were over 50 lightning strikes here in Yolo County, within an hour. Wish I'd been able to get a pic.

8:30pm
I just ordered some milk kefir grains! I've been wanting to for quite some time. The starter cultures you can get in the store just don't last and get pretty expensive. So, going for the real thing this time and they will multiply if I treat them right. These have been raised on raw milk, which is what I use, so they should be happy. Once I get used to making the milk kefir, I may try water kefir grains or kombucha scoby next ...

No comments: