Saturday, October 5, 2013

October 5, 2013

4pm
I have been so annoyingly busy the past week that I can't even think!
My cousin Curtis had his heart surgery last Wednesday. It took more than 13 hours due to some complications caused from a previous surgery (how did some mesh tangle around his aorta ... hmmm?)
My mom and I just got back from visiting him. He is doing really well now and has color! He's been pale for far too long! He was sitting up and brushing his teeth when we got there! They may be moving him to a regular room tomorrow (he's in Cardiac ICU right now.) He is determined now to start eating right (even though his heart issues stem from a congenital problem that wasn't discovered until he was 22 and he is 54 now,) so wants my help with that when he gets back to his own place. He'll be staying with his best friends for a couple of weeks until he can get around. So, I will continue to take care of old Squint (his cat.)
Plus, with work, there are more special projects than I can keep up with right now and very short deadlines! But, decent pay, so gotta do it.
'Might' get some house-painting done tomorrow ... I hope ...

8:30 pm
Had some really, really good beef chuck steak for dinner. Very tender and juicy. I am not a big beef eater as it's rare that I can find a good cut that isn't totally fat-less and dry and tough and gristley. I have so few molars, that I have to be very picky about what I can chew without pain. So, I usually stick with other species of meat! And, had a big sweet potato with lots of butter and cinnamon. Yum!

No comments: