Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 17, 2013

10:30am
I'm not in the mood to paint today, but I have to. So, will go out after lunch ...
Vacuumed the cabinets this morning (very few bugs!) and did a load of laundry. Got a CD ready to list.

Lots of tornadoes today in the mid-west. So glad I don't live in that area!

Going to watch some old horror movies again today ... The Raven and The Tingler, and a comedy, The Ladykillers. I've watched them all recently, but my mom hasn't seen the first two for many years and I don't think she's ever seen the other. It's so easy to watch all of the stuff I have stored on my computer. I just transfer them all to a USB jump drive and plug it in the back of this TV. To paraphrase Wil Wheaton - it's great living in the future! (Sometimes.)

Auction: Christmas with Country's Finest, Volume 1 CD - used

12:45pm
Finished watching The Ladykillers.
Having Aidell's Sun-dried Tomato and Garlic Salame on rice crackers with raw mild Cheddar cheese for lunch.

3pm
I painted for a couple of hours. I would've done more, but ... a strange person came to my door and then saw me in the back yard. He wouldn't/couldn't explain what he was doing here. Supposedly he was a contractor for PG&E (which took too much prompting to even get that out of him!) checking that people are up-to-date on their 'deregulation'. BUT, he would not/could not explain what the heck he meant by that. 'We have a lot of rules we have to follow ...' One of which is apparently not to explain what that 'deregulation' is ... I told him if he couldn't explain why he was here, he could leave. 'OK. I'll mark your address down as another complaint.' 'You do that.' I watched him for a few minutes and he was going door-to-door. By then, I was out of the mood for painting ... ugh. I should have asked for his supervisor's number ...

5pm
Rotisserie chicken for dinner. Yum. With milk! And, baked quince with cream! So good.

5:45pm
OK. Baked quince that has gone cold before it's served ... not so good ... must re-heat. Hope it is still good with the cream melted ...

7:15pm
Well, we just finished watching the movies.
I heated up the quince and the cream melted into melted butter. I added a bit of organic cinnamon-sugar mixture. Is good now. With hot chocolate!

No comments: