Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 11, 2014

12:30pm
Getting ready to go to the kombucha class at the co-op's teaching kitchen. I scraped together enough money to get some gas and mail a birthday present. I need to get a 'bunny box' from the co-op before I come home, too.

3:30pm
Just got back from the kombucha class. That was fun. And, got my own SCOBY to start making my own kombucha!

4:45pm
Have my tea cooling to make the kombucha. It's so simple to make, but I needed the SCOBY to get started. I could have just used some raw plain kombucha from the store, but it would have taken quite a while for it to make a baby SCOBY on its own. Plus, the class was interesting and lots of good question/answer going on. Once I get a handle on making it, I'll put up a page on my cooking blog with pics. Probably with my next batch in about two weeks.

In the mean time, here's a pic of dinner! Lamb shoulder steak with fried eggs (2 chicken & 2 dove!) Yum! And, water with potato starch.
 Such a nice big chunk of fat on that lamb! Mmm.

My wrist is killing me ... time for some willow bark. Used it too much this morning while cleaning cages.

No comments: